Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

v-day blues 2013

v-day blues 20132013-01-30T00:20:20+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad v-day blues 2013

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Cheers, all the way across the great pond @Scattybird I changed my avatar just in time for a day after ValueTime day treat. :-)n

I shall toast you all on V-Day – we might be a bit lonely, but at least nobody is in our house making us miserable. ….or I am TOO cynical and jaded?

Nope, not at all Scating Lady. And if you were jaded and cynical we would all still like you here. You can take that to the bank too.

BAW

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Being alone is NOT the worst thing imaginable.

The worst thing imaginable is being stuck with people who make you FEEL like you’re alone.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Thanks Robbo!

I have become addicted to Angry Birds – good to know that Ritalin can help me hyperfocus on things!

Larynxa – very true.  I never feel more lonely than when at a party.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

These cringingly awful Valentine’s Day-themed adverts are real, and actually ran.

(shudder)

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-21-worst-valentines-day-ads-ever-2013-2?op=1

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I’ve been in love with my next door neighbor for years. It ain’t easy because… well crap you guys. It’s just never easy. I just find it way too hard to get along with another human being in such close quarters. Isn’t that really what we’re talking about?. I sorta do wish I could make myself be like everyone else and stick with just one person for the rest of my life. But then again how many people do we all know that live uwith a significant other but never fail to cheat on that person with every shiny new pretty thing that comes along?

Why would I want to put myself into a position of…

Hmm. Yep, it’s a lil bit frustrating seeing so many people in this world in love and happily married. I know a bunch of couples who I really do know are happy and they’re with someone they really do love that much.

For now it’s enough to joke around sometimes with my neighbor about carving a doorway into the wall between our apartments and doubling the size or our kitchens.  She likes the same music as me. And that’s good because that wall between us is paper thin. She really like the Moody Blues. Back when she could still walk with a walker she used to come over and we watched some Moody Blues concert on the HD. channel that I had saved on the recording thing. Sooper freaking loud you guys!!! Stephany said she was in heaven.

I’m just not in love with her. But I can easily say that I love her. It’s written all over our body language when we talk to each-other. Kinda sickening too. Mushy mushy stuff…

gross.

Going back to my music. (Jimi Hendrix, at Rainbow bridge is still playing…)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Growing up. It’s for the birds.

Angry birds.

lol, love those angry birds…

Now Jimi’s doing that “stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand” thing…

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Oh brother… the computer is using the quotes in my profile to sell credit scores… I feel so dirty, so cheap. So used.

Guess I’m just a prostitute like the rest of humanity. (joke you guys!, lighten up for crying out loud)

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21320560

In China, I’d be “leftovers”!

(Pass the Saran Wrap…)

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

@Filmbuff984, @ashockley55, @haraldbenz, I’m curious about how long it’s been since you were diagnosed.

In 1995, I was tested again a few years ago. Soon after, I had a prescription for it. What a difference!  More focus, direction, and easier to read. Reading three books at once now.   🙂

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

@Filmbuff1984 tell us about your books, sounds like you’re doing great!. It’s encouraging to hear about some successes folks in this camp are having.

Want to share with us?

REPORT ABUSE

haraldbenz

@Filmbuff984: I’ve got diagnosed about 5 years ago.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Hey, maybe we should start a new topic:   “What made you get a diagnosis, and how did it affect your life?”

Or maybe that topic already exists, buried deep in the old topics, where it’s lost to the mists of time…

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Yes, back on topic please. I need those stories of woe. I’ll repost some the messages myself later.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

So, @Filmbuff1984, you want to hear more stories of romantic woe…

Here are a couple of songs by Fascinating Aida (a cabaret trio in England):

“Shattered Illusions” (a funny one) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NLhhJPYM8

“I Watched Two People” (a heartbreaking one) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UbBQEIZiok

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)