Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What does it take to become an "Insider" ?

What does it take to become an "Insider" ?2012-10-21T20:38:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? What does it take to become an "Insider" ?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed just how insensitive Rick is!

I bet even a discussion on how insensitive he is would, be wasted because he is just so insensitive…

Pete rolls one eye at distractomom then asks for it back before his Grandma wakes up and needs it!

πŸ™„

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I’m curious. When was the term ADHD first thrown about by the boffins? How come I wasn’t diagnosed as a kid? Or as an adolescent? Or even as a young bloke? ADHD still seems the source of much speculative conjecture…for every believer there seems to more than a handful of detractors! Is it considered to be a bona fide ‘sickness’?

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Well, I’ve just decided that I want to be an ‘insider’! πŸ˜† I wonder what it feels like to be one???? I wanna have a delicious little nibble on it just for a taste, however fleeting! πŸ˜† 8) Meh, I too often even feel like I don’t belong to the ‘outsiders’, I’ve kind of got used to being a ‘by myselfer’ πŸ˜†

REPORT ABUSE

Carry
    Participant

Hi Rick,

I’m sure you’ve considered it, but how about a name like “hyperfocus” or just “hype”? ( join the hype with a big fat wink ofcourse ;) )

Please keep up the inspirational work!!

Gr,

C

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I have been an outsider all my life.I don.t have any thing to give, so I will have to leave this part to all the smarter ones. wishing you all much success!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey trashman – how are you doing?

Three things – firstly, you have a lot to give! :)

Secondly – there are no insiders. It was just a name that took on a life of its own.

Thirdly – you’re already an insider in that you’re part of this ADD community. So dude….you’re already part of the ‘clan’. :)

Fourthly – good to hear from you.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Is that why it’s quiet on this fora? Have most of the members moved to the ‘insider’ section? Where do you live trashman? It’s not necessarily for the ‘smarter’ ones though is it? Just for those with more spare coin isn’t it? I don’t know. What makes you think that you’re any less smart than anybody else? The posts that I’ve read of yours don’t imply that you’re a dummy, on the contrary in fact… 8) From what I’ve read we’re all outsiders, or ‘by my-selfer’s’ 8) It’s not so bad being an outcast though. There’s no pressure to compromise and lose all sense of identity, no matter how vague that identity might be…all that any of us can give is acceptance of one another, and in the scheme of things, isn’t that what we’ve all been secretly yearning for?

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

does anyone know what a cost will be . For this portion of the site ?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey T-man……it might be an idea to sit back…..let this process happen…..let it sort it’s self out……..then after all that is sorted out….then step back in and see what’s shakin’.

In the mean time we’ll all still be right here…..least I will!!!! Patience in small things…..patience in all things…… :)

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I like that slogan of yours toofat! 8) Even though i’ve made heaps of progress, impatience is still one of those issues that I struggle with…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hahahahahahaha……..works for me Allan.

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Carry
    Participant

I registered and made it to the 100 beta testers. I hope, and I believe that the intentions are there, that the free accessible part of the site will improve as a result of having a paid part. Also, obviously, I’m eager to find out what the premium site will have to offer!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had a big long post all typed up (twice, in fact), decided to keep it simple.

I have received a huge benefit from being here already, and want as many people as possible to get those benefits. The payment/incentive/premium model is working very well everywhere. Whether it’s a magazine subscription that supports the website, being able to watch live video of a show instead of just audio, or whatever other benefit received from a premium model, there has to be some incentive to give up our hard-earned money, above and beyond what you would get for free. All users benefit. I’ve been creating and managing websites and forums for a long time, I have yet to see one where the “premium” members huddle in the “secret forum” and look down on those who use the site for free. They’re usually the most helpful, welcoming, and encouraging members, because they’re paying to be a part of that community and want it to be the best it can be. I don’t look down on or see myself as better than a visitor to my town, although they don’t pay property taxes while getting the benefits that mine pay for. I’m proud when they enjoy sitting in the park, or when they receive help from our fire department, because I want it to be the best town it can be, for everyone.

Now back to learning the secret handshake…

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

The most important thing about the new content is that the rest of the site will stay free, and will continue to be added to & updated, the same as always. We won’t lose anything that we already have, and we’ll gain a lot.

The money earned by the paid content is what will keep all the free content going. If it weren’t for bringing in that paid content, Rick & Ava wouldn’t have been able to afford to keep TotallyADD.com going. It would have been left online, until it reached its bandwidth limit and maximum number of users, and then crashed. (Last year, though we didn’t know it, we came dangerously close to this.)

I’ve been one of the first batch of guinea pigs, exploring the new content for the past couple of months, and making suggestions about what works and what needs to be improved. Rick and Andy and the rest of the development team have been very eager to find out what we think, and to make improvements if enough of us have agreed that they’re needed. And we’ve agreed 100% on nearly everything!

So the new site has been developed in consultation with people who have ADHD and have known & loved *this* site for a long time. Like you, we wouldn’t let anyone wreck it!

The new site is really exciting (a new toy!!!), but it does take some getting-used-to. Even without the Premium content, there are so many new things to do, and things in new places, that you’ll just want to run madly off in all directions, clicking on everything that catches your eye. It may seem overwhelming at first, but you’ll soon grow to love it, as we do.

Remember: You’re NOT losing anything, and there will NOT be an “us vs. them” mentality. Everyone is welcome here. Except spammers. We will continue to crush them like the nasty little bugs they are!

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

I am more than happy to pay a small subscription fee if it keeps industry influence out of the content.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)