Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

yeah, that's a felony.

yeah, that's a felony.2011-11-07T17:49:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Dumbest Thing I've Done yeah, that's a felony.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh, memzak, I’m so sorry. oh, I’m so, so sorry.

I can’t thank you enough for your words and your work, but for now your only

job is to live and love your family.

you are in my thoughts and my heart…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Memzak, my thoughts are with you and your husband. Take care of yourself, so you can be there for him. ((((HUGS))))

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My son who has ADHD has been in trouble with the law both as a juvenile and now as a young adult teen. Impulse control is really hard for some ADHDers my son being one of them. He’s gotten a little better as he’s aged and learned the hard way not to do some things even if your buddies are doing them, or daring you to do them especially if you are on probation. But, he’s not through with his problems quite yet, and as a mother who loves her son but has had to dish out some tough love because of some of the poor choices he’s made I kind of feel bad because I know he struggles with ADHD. But, even though it’s an extenuating circumstance he’s still gotta obey the law if he wants to become a healthy adult in our society. I’m thinking his run ins with the law have finally convinced him to straighten up because jail sucks big time and prison would be way worse.

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

LSA your story has brought me back to doing some writing again. I got really inspired this morning after thinking about what happened to you, myself and my husband’s inability to change his habits which has led to his current situation. i truely believe that we have less free will than many people believe. I will save the rest for my book. i figure it will take me 2 to 3 years to finish. I am in the process of getting disability and my husbands retirement money starts next month. When he passes it will become a survivors benifit so it will never go away.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

memzak, I’m glad to hear that you’ve been writing. I too am a writer, though, the thought of actually taking on such a long, and detailed process as writing a book makes my head spin. I write exceptionally well in short essay form, but when it comes to developing any kind of extended story arch or rhetorical argument, my brain seems to shut off completely. not to mention the fact that wrapping up and finalizing projects proves almost impossible for me.

also, right now in school I am taking a class called “God, Evil, and Suffering” that deals a lot with the question of free will – mostly as a means of supporting the argument in classical theism of a “perfectly good” deity. I am learning now that the degree to which my own will rarely feels “free” is actually a result of ADHD, and this new knowledge really reflects and validates my experience. often throughout my entire life I have said that it feels as though I have “no willpower,” which is usually met with the same refrain we hear so often that it is simply a matter of “not trying.”

I worked in human services for a number of years and I was always amazed at how relieved clients were to hear that someone understands how little logic, reason, and will have to do with healing and progress when it comes to mental health. if simply “deciding” to “let it go” or “just stop” or “just do it” were that simple, we’d have all been cured ages ago. but, it’s not – it’s all a process and progress is slow.

okay, I’m rambling, and my boyfriend was kind enough to give me a little ribbing about how the many, many unfinished projects I’ve got laying around here (he never makes me feel ashamed, only helps with structure). so, I should probably get to seeing about that.

but, memzak, I look forward to hearing more about your work as it progresses, and if you ever wanted feedback from an objective reader, I’d be happy to help! :)

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

LSA – I am curious about your class. The concept of “free will” has been debated since Greek times. A “good” God is a more recent concept.

Have you ever watched a show on PBS (maybe other stations) called “Closer to Truth”? It is one man’s journey to understand God, consciousness and the cosmos. The shows are on a website of the same name.

I would love to have some critique on my work. It will be awhile before I can piece together something to show someone. Well, I need to sign off for tonight. I fade out around 9ish. As to doing a project this big, it is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I just need to be sure to not get lost in the technical aspects of tracking my work.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

so, I went and talked to my doctor today. his approach is “everyone screws up once in a while. we just need to make sure this never happens again.” I couldn’t agree more and I am *so*so*so* grateful that he is willing to keep working with me! plus, now that I actually *understand* the rules I will have no problem following them.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)