Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

GAMES! Goals?

GAMES! Goals?2011-07-11T15:21:58+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Yeah I have that problem too. You ask me a question and im a “depends” kind of girl. Someone could ask “Tell me the colour of the sky”, “Well that depends. During what time of day? Or with, or without sun glasses? etc etc” When it was only a simple question. But yes, in a emergency I know exactly what to do and am calm. I can work in chaos, not the slow pace hahaha

Krazy – My husband does that EXACT same thing! I come up with an idea and he says “well have you thought about this? or what about that? What will you do if this happens?” Sometimes it is nice because I really havent thought of some things… But most times I have and yeah, it does irritate me! Waiting for phone calls suck! I hate it, only because I have better things to do like waste my time on the internet or video games uninterrupted. hahaha Actually I just hate the phone period! It never stops ringing! I find while I talk on the phone I walk all around the house. In order to stay focused on the conversation I pace around.

Ive joined the no PC till noon with no dopamine, but I figured I would reply here, turn the laptop off then get some things done.

I have agreed to let my Grandma take my kids for 2 weeks. I am very very very very very very very nervous about it. My kids will be 5 and 6 next month and havent been apart from us for more than 3 days. Now they will be 6hours away with my grandma…. My grandma is one of my best friends, but the way she acts with them I dont agree with. She doesnt mean to but at times does more harm than good and thats what im worried about. When I was growing up I always ate fast. Over and over she told me that I would be 200lbs and no guy would ever love me because I would be fat. That hurt a lot. When I told her how it hurt me when I was older she denied it. But I know she didnt mean to hurt my feelings, but there are other ways than that. An old school way of hers of course is to eat anything and everything thats on your plate if you like it or not… My son isnt too fussy but my daughter is. I dont cater to this, but I dont FORCE her, or them to eat it all if they are full, and only make them at least TRY things and eat a little bit of the things they dont like. I dont get mad or make a huge fuss about it. Anyways… Long story short… I need to get them packed up. Clothes! UGH! So thats what I will be working on. Plus their schedule, what they like to eat and how to discipline them. And of course, im just anxious about them being so far away and I dont know where they will be at all times and what they are doing! At least my sister will be there to babysit my grandma, and grandma knows that and understands. Plus I will be phoning them everyday and talking to them on Skype. If I need to sooner, I will go pick them up!

Alright off to get things done, then play some video games! My cousin is living with us until we go to my grandmas. Thats his home town, so bringing him home, and its his xbox! So my time with the xbox is limited! :(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sugargremlin Don’t get me wrong, I have bouts of indecision too. I’m learning that when I hit those, it’s because there is no clear answer. I spent 3 hours trying to pick speakers for my computer. [Not something easy to do when you want something NOW!]

I realized there was no great answer. I really wanted USB speakers with a USB port, so I could plug in my USB headphones late at night. But like so many things I want, no one has invented it yet.

I’m trying to manage my indecisive moments by going to the next criteria. For me, the first criteria is always function. Does the thing work for what I need it for. If yes–yaay. If no–next! [“But it’s pretty” don’t care, doesn’t work]. If there’s a tie, I flip a coin. The next criteria for me is usually cost. When I realized I was in an ADD indecision loop, I grabbed the cheapest ones and off I went.

PS, they work great.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do that pete-puma lol. I once sat in target for an hour deciding how I wanted to begin my mini filing system. I actually hate buying stuff because I do it all the time! so much easier not to buy stuff at all lol.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Get my drivers license. Okay, Thursday is my last behind the wheel class. I opted for it even though I could have got it when I got my permit. Clean my room! I

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

good luck laddybug3 =)

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Wooo! You go! I Vow to finish my husbands resume right NOW!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Well, I got my driving license, and I hit the house :(. I really don’t like driving. The house and the car are fine, but now I am just jumpy.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Wooo hoo! Congrats!!! Ive hit so many things. I managed to back into my dads jeep and my moms car at the same time once. For me its always with backing up. Just 2 days ago I backed up into a cement thing over and over because I couldnt see it and couldnt understand why I couldnt back up hahaha car was fine though.

I did get my resume done and sent like I wanted 6 days ago. I will have my first session with an ADD coach this up coming week, very excited for it. Got all my laundry sorted, folded, and put away!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

laddybug, license is the first step. My dad named a rock in the front yard after me for that very reason >_<. i swear that it was in the way!

Carrie, let us know how it goes!

my goal…i bought food so now I don’t have to starve…yay??? i think. lol. bleh. my doc had promised to mail my scripts because I can’t stop by because i’m spending 12 hours at work without a break on the days she works. so i have to take time off of work to see her. in just two weeks, my house went to crap! i haven’t cleaned my sink since the meds. plastic bags everywhere. recyclables all over my kitchen. i ran out of food, but rectified it this evening. i have unpaid bills which hopefully are not already late. at least I put them in the designated mail tin!!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I reached anther goal. Got into the naturalist certification program. Now I just have to talk myself out of a few course. Trust me I want to take like ten. Most of them are 12 hours. I wonder how that will work out. My mom suggested I take 1, after all it is not college. Why is it I always plan to take too many courses and everyone tells me to limit myself? (I don’t wanna! Wah Wah Wah) Then I go and fill up with other outside stuff.

Also finished my todo list. Now what to do?

Thanks to everyone one that has said congrats. It is nice to hear stories about other accidents happen to people. Why do I think it is only me?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

no one wants to admit that they back into the same rock like once a week…or until the car manages to move the rock to a place more convenient over an extended period of backing up into it.

congrats on the natural certification program =). What is your pattern? how much can you usually manage without struggling too much?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Great job Laddybug! Woo hoo!!

Just got off the phone with the ADD coach. Tomorrow I start on my new path!! New habits and learning all about me! My goal for everyday this week is to get up, take my meds, then have a shower and do one load of laundry. During laundry time, I will be aloud on the internet. Woot! Here I go!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

@sugargremlin My problem too many courses not enough hours in the year. I registered for two and was okayed. One is 8 hours the other is 12. This program is new and I don’t know what to expect, which means the pattern is going to be off. Normally I take on so many that I am stressed out towards the end. You know finals, projects, and whatever they can throw at me. The beginning is hard and end is hard. I am fine with the middle.

@Carrie thank you.

I drove today and yesterday didn’t hit anything. Almost the house today but I stopped.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I wish I could say the same! I hit that cement thing again… well a different one. I went too far forward. I always hit that.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

cement things are put in very irresponsible places, right?? shame on the people who place them there!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)