Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Never ending ADD humor

Never ending ADD humor2012-01-13T21:36:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Never ending ADD humor

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author

auntybb

These are all too funny! All so sadly true. For years I thought that I was the only person on earth who did things like this. ( I’d still be looking for the furnace filter.)

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

I blame all teleported items on the hoohoo (ghost) that lives in my house… she is a prankster and disappears things even when I say out loud to my self..I am putting this..right here on the table..come back… not there… A sense of humor is essential..

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

That’s where you go wrong anniea – when you say out loud that you’re putting something in a certain place you’re just letting that hoohoo know where s/he can steal it from! 😮

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL, can’t stop laughing thinking of the postman, tiddler!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I too always forget where im driving! I was driving with my sister to the gas station. Went right to the store and parked. She asked what I was doing and I said I didnt know. hahaha Another time we were going to the store and I went straight to the highway, started down it and once again she had to ask me what I was doing, and I had to turn around and head back!

I was at my moms house for Xmas and my son was running a fever but she had no children’s Tylenol. I got in my car drove home, grabbed my Pepsi and went back. She asked me where the Tylenol was… I forgot… I went back home this time I brought my brother. I grabbed the Tylenol, asked him to get the thermometer. I then remembered I had to feed my fish. I went downstairs fed my fish then saw my sweater I had lost 2 weeks ago. Went back to moms all happy that I found my sweater and took my sons temp (because my brother had the thermometer)… He had a fever… But once again I forgot the Tylenol… My husband then went back to the house for it. Forgetting it once is pretty normal for me… but NEVER twice! They all made fun of me hahaha

Another scary distraction… I was driving home from work at 11pm (40min drive home) and it had been snowing all day, and it was still snowing… The highway was covered in snow. I came up to an area that usually has elk in it and thought “ooooh!! I wonder if I can see where any elk have been crossing!” since you can usually see their tracks in the snow on the highway… Instead of paying attention to the road and almost winding up in the ditch a few times, I was busy trying to see any kind of animal track crossing the road. It was hard to keep bringing my focus back to driving hahaha thank goodness not many others were on the road that night!

Oh and speaking of seeing things on the highway… in the summer I LOVE to look for caterpillars crossing… you can see them very well and I always try to run them over hahahaha

The worst forgetful moment Ive ever had was when I had some Starburst candies. I put one down on the counter between my husband and I (the rest in my hand), turned around for no more than a minute. Turned back to the candy that I had just put there. It was still there… I then got mad at my husband for stealing it from me. I was very angry that he hadnt asked and just took it. It took him quite a while to explain to me he didnt touch it. How could he when I was holding them the whole time.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Carrie, on the bright side looking for elk is better than hitting one because you were daydreaming :-) Of course maybe work on that driving into the ditch part :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL, can’t stop laughing thinking of the postman, tiddler!

LOL I see him on his round a LOT. It’s been years and I still feel embarrassed every time I see him.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Tiddler, I am sure he remembers you too!!!LOL!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Yeah, bring that up trashman :-) I’m sure she relishes the thought :-)

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Saffron

Oh, Tiddler, I did the same thing once—left a male visitor at my door while I went to settle my little son back to sleep, and returned afterward with the breast I’d fed him from still exposed, and my nursing shirt flap still buttoned open. Spoke to my visitor for a couple of minutes before I realized—and I can’t describe how mortified I felt! The gentleman was too speechless to point it out to me, and handled it in a classy way.

Wow, it’s actually good to know another ADDer who did this too.

T-man: Speaking of avatars, what is pictured in yours??

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You guys are speaking of past experiences. Mine happen almost daily. Last night, I was watching the NFC championship football game between SF and NY and I decided to fix some frozen lasagna. Took the lasagna out of the box, set the timer on the stove and set the heat and went back to the game. Came back over a half hour later starving and ready to eat only to realize the lasagna wasn’t in the stove. I don’t think I ever talked to a mailman with my shirt open though. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sigh.. another to report. I left a bag of groceries out by my back door last night and a dog or another animal got into it. Hope he enjoyed that sliced turkey.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Carsonky – I hope your reports do not become like a leak in the dike. Can you imagine all the posts if everyone posted on all the things they forgot and stupid mistakes they have made. It would be like the breach of the Bosphorus strait. It would probably overload the storage capacity of this site. (Heehee.)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

kc6jck – You’re right, I agree.. I was just getting frustrated at myself for having almost daily occurances. I’d like to see more of the stories that stick out. Stories that happened a few hours ago would help me out too knowing I’m not the only one with a fried brain.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)