Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Never ending ADD humor

Never ending ADD humor2012-01-13T21:36:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Never ending ADD humor

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)
  • Author

wolfshades

I’ve told this one before:

Got some groceries and brought them home. Some of them had to be put in the freezer. Had a thought about a TV show I’d planned to see, and knew it was on the PVR, so I sat down and watched it. Then I looked at my watch, decided I was tired, and went to bed.

Woke up the next morning, went to the kitchen, and noticed the now-thawed groceries, still sitting there.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Good to see you back Wolfshades.

Ok, so I had this old junked beetle which was to be for my daughter. I had done some work on the front end and did not torque down the lug bolts on the front wheels since the car was not running and I had more work to do up front. Later, we got curious to see if it would start. After putting on an air cleaner, putting in a charged battery, and turning over the motor a few times without the spark plugs to pump out the water that gotten into the cylinders through the carburator, the thing fired up, we jump in, and off we go.

Of course by the time we get to my cousin’s house, all the bolts come off at once and the wheel goes rolling off into the ditch. My cousin picks up the front of the car with his front end loader, we put the wheel back on and are off to home.

Next?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I guess the wheels came off the “Never ending ADD Humor” and morphed into “stupid ADD tricks.”

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

*laughing* kc5jck – that’s hilarious. Glad it didn’t happen on the highway or something.

REPORT ABUSE

William

I was working on TV using a flashlight, when the phone rang. Well after the call I could not find the flashlight. Well a few months later I was rewiring a plug in my kitchen and had to get low to work on it, when I looked over at a shelve next to my stove and there was my flashlight.

REPORT ABUSE

William

Went to the gas station to get gas. It was a prepay pump, so I went in to pay. Later that day I looked at my gas gauge and remembered I forgot to get the gas.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Hi Saffon , my avatar is a fish! it is a bit strange, it kind just of suits me . I have a bit of a strange personality! That might be a under statement .lol

William I have also paid for many things and than left them behind.or when I was still working and I would be told to take the truck to some place outside the city.the last thing I would be told that I needed to put fuel in the truck! guess what the first thing I for got to do. so I would find some place that I could buy fuel and just pay for enough to get me back to where they had given me a fuel card.I have done this more than once. The two worst things that I can think of have to do with driving. why a I say they are the worst is because once with the pick up I had in the early eighties I would keep thinking I had checked the oil and blown my motor learning the hard way that I had been thinking of it but did not do it. the next time was when I was putting gas in my car and b y accident put diesel fuel in by the tine I got that fixed it cost me a thousand dollars . ouch!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

William – lol – I’ve done that once before when I was a teen. Luckily they had a record of it and let me get the gas. I always wait for the low gas warning light to come on to keep me from doing that again.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Only here. Only here could I ever possibly hope to find someone else who’s accidentally flashed someone at their door!

God bless the internet and all who sail in her!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

So today I wanted to check my yahoo mail so I logically typed http://www.weather.com and even typed in my zip code and pressed enter.. and still it took a few seconds for me to snap back and realize what I did.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

One time when I couldn’t get my son out of bed I jacked up the rear end of his truck and took off his wheels. That got him up!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had a Jimmy Buffett concert in Louisville last night. As I always do I got everything together on a chair the night before, and even got the battery in my camera charged and reinstalled. The night of the concert, I gathered everything together, doublechecking that I had my ticket before leaving. Come to find out, the battery in the camera was charged, but I forgot to put a SD card in the camera. :( I can’t win. Great concert though.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bought gas and forgot to pump it. Check.

Put something down and couldn’t find it for a month. Check.

This one I thought poignant.

I missed refilling my pill minder and was in a hurry, so I started taking meds straight from bottle. One morning I couldn’t remember if I had taken my ADD meds or not. That evening I went to fill the pill minder so I could tell whether I take meds or not and all 7 days were full, both with Adderall and the BP med I had run out of. I had filled my pill minder during last scrip and forgot.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was another fun blast from the past. Most recently, I talked to my dad on the phone before visiting and the last thing he said was “Can you bring any spare baking soda if you have any” and I had plenty. Problem was the time it took to drop the phone and grab the keys to visit was enough for me to forget the baking soda. Had to make a special trip for him (and yes I remembered at the store)

A few nights prior, I got groceries, put the milk in the fridge and left the towel paper in the bag before going to bed. The towel paper remained in the same spot for over 48 hours only to discover that I had a frozen pizza and two frozen dinners underneath that I totally forgot about.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

One of my favorite mantra’s is “Things don’t just disappear” As if saying that over and over will help me find the latest thing that mysteriously disappeared into “the great karmic wheel”

It’s cool always knowing I’m about to find some thing that I gave up looking for months, or years ago. Kinda like random Christmas moments all throughout the year. It’s always a shock to find something in a completely logical place that I did check, but just didn’t see the thing I was looking for. I couldn’t find my cell phone 3 separate times in the same little leather briefcase like thing while in the hospital. The 4th time I was just soooo bummed. Miserably defeated by my adhd… again!. The nurse offered to look in the fairly small leather briefcase thing with tons of pockets, angry and insulted because I told her I looked 3 times! “someone stole it” I said, but just agreed with a tiny little bit of hope. She found it in less than 5 dang seconds!!! That was almost worse than losing the phone as well as the tons of phone #’s on it.

adhd can and does make us temporarily crazy. I seem to always think someone stole what ever it is that’s lost.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)