Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Wooo!!! I think this is a GREAT idea!!! Cant wait to jump on board!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Laundry has all been sorted and put away! Last week, I did finish and sent my husbands resume!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

High five to Carrie! Our washer, dryer and laundry baskets and drying racks are also empty! And all of the recycling and garbage has been put out, no stragglers this week.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Laundry high fives all around!

While I still have one laundry basket of random bedsheets from an embarrassing number of days ago to put away, ALL the laundry I’ve started this week has made it all the way through the put-away stage! That’s definitely a first! Go, me!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Survived 5 days of 8 hours of lecture. It is now Friday night and I do not have to cook dinner. Mr. Jersea was generous and let me slip out of my duty. LOL!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Managed to get most of the big orders I needed to finish done today, it was a hot and sweaty job and I’m ready to hop in the shower! What helped was doing it at the end of the day, when I wouldn’t mind dripping with sweat, and when I could appreciate the accomplishment. Tomorrow I’ll finish them off.

Ate all my meals out today, lunch was a not-very-good veggie burger, onion rings & pop. So for dinner I bought a pre-cut package of fresh veggies with dip, and a large bottle of Odwalla pomegranate, lime & something else good juice!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

WOoo! You guys rock!!

I did my first shift in my new full time position. They are 12 hour shifts. Up at 5:30am then home by 8:00pm. Got home and did an upper body workout, and then 30mins of cardio. I am SWEATY. Drinking my protein shake, then gonna hit the shower, get to sleep and do it all over again!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally have something to high five. I’ve been putting off paying these bills. I finally got them out tonight, waiting for this guy to call me. I realized that they were all almost overdue. and realized that I had been paying some late charges I did not even realize. well, tonight, i set up accounts to make automatic payments. 4 less bills I will have to pay! =)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carrie, just a suggestion, doing a really physical workout close to bedtime is not usually a good idea. Could you wake up earlier to do it? A gentler, more contemplative form of exercise like yoga or chigong or tai chi would be better closer to bed. At least do your workout a few hours before going to bed (but don’t stay up late to make that happen).

Sugargremlin, good for you! Now you just need to check your online account periodically to ensure there’s money to cover the automatic payments since the charges for defaulting are pretty excessive. I know, I’ve paid a few by accident (NSF cheque = $45 = one decent meal out together).

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

No_dopamine – Why not? I told a lady at work that I worked out before bed, and she asked why, and how she cant. I can’t really do it early in the day I would have to get up at 4am… Mind you, its only 2 days a week that I would have to do it before bed so those can be my rest days.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I did some baking with the kids and…wait for it…I CLEANED UP AFTER!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great thread!

I have managed to stop myself wasting time on the computer for a whole week….well…my son keeps pinching my laptop, and I am working a crappy roster which has made me exhausted, so it has been easy to resist temptation, but it’s still something I feel good about (except not catching up with you all here has been disappointing).

BUT the best of all is that last night at work, I finished my daughter’s knitted hoodie I was making and this morning I started one for me!! She has worn it all day today, she loves it so much. I feel really good about it, especially because it was so tempting to put off the fiddly finishing-off bits till later, as I was at work and very tired and I was worried about stuffing it up from lack of focus, but I pulled my finger out and just did it, knowing my daughter was busting for me to finish it. YAY ME!!!!!

I have also had a whirlwind time sorting all the crap that came off our old shelves (and other furniture) and putting it on the new shelves. I hung a heap of photos on the wall, I ditched a heap of used cards (dunno why hubby is inclined to save old birthday and christmas cards – that’s one thing I am actually good at throwing out!!), sorted stationery, chucked out incomplete decks of cards, and donated a pile of unwanted books to the salvos. Phew!! Then I slept away a day off to recover LOL :?

AND I finally got started on my sewing that I keep putting off. A bit late, and I will end up in a mad rush to get it finished, but it’s still earlier than past efforts have been, so I have some breathing room for the time being. I must admit that many of the other jobs I have done have been so successful because I have had my sewing “job” breathing down my neck – when I have something pressing to do, I tend to get busy doing everything but the thing I should be doing. Although I did need to do some of the tidying, as I had no room to do my sewing because the tables were full of the junk from off the old shelves. So I guess I can say I have had some success overall.

Congrats to everyone else who has accomplished something worthwhile. High five!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

lots of high fives for you KrazyKat!!! =) good job!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I was thinking about you krazy kat! Wondering where you were! Congrats! High five!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s amazing how much time went past without me being online. It’s not like I didn’t have access to a computer, but nothing is quite the same as your own personal one (mine is a netbook which I can take everywhere). My ADHD son set things up at school so he can use a computer in his classes, but he didn’t think about what laptop he was going to use!! He dragged out an old one of mine, but the screen is cracked, and then it died on him. So I let him use mine, as I didn’t want all his careful planning to be undone. He is finally doing better at school and I really wanted him to keep up the good work, so if that meant using my netbook at school, then so be it.

I must admit that it’s done me the world of good, as I didn’t waste any time online so I got other things done. I have taken my netbook to work so I can catch up with you all, but I have been too tired to set it up, or have gone relieving to another ward where I don’t feel comfortable dragging out a computer, or have been busy knitting (as I have been aware that our winter is passing by real fast!!).

Now I have to go and wash my daughter’s hoodie, barely a day after I finished it. She spilt food all down the front :?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 316 total)