Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 316 total)
  • Author

quizzical
    Participant

I thought I’d start a little place to post accomplishments of all sizes – just a little opportunity for us to celebrate and offer each other just a brief congrats as the spirit moves!

This is a little different from Carrie’s Games/Goals thread, only in that we don’t have to name the challenge in advance. This is just a place to say woo-hoo, I did it!

I’m kicking off with what I’ve been calling “My Vanity Project” – no, this was not a movie I made starring me, but rather, attacking the chaotic scene around my bathroom sink that greeted me morning and night!

Yesterday I completed the project, and I mean really completed it, no stray homeless items in sight! It felt so good to get up today and see my results – wow, was that a hugely positive start to my day! I wish I could post a picture of it, that’s how proud I am of it!

So let’s hear it, folks! Share your cool stuff here!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HIGH FIVE, Quizz!

My accomplishment is that I did a 5 day work week last week and managed to stay focused at work. But it’s in danger of slipping, so I’m using the task timer/planners this week. It’s right beside me, as well as a 15 minute timer.

Yesterday I started to attack a small corner of crumbs on the floor outside the kitchen, and this lead to sweeping (on hands & knees) the kitchen & bathroom floors, then washing them, and then vacuuming two 3-panel screens that we have in our livingroom (I wanted one for my new business space), then sweeping up MAJOR dust bunnies behind them and around the dining room table. A very big cleanup, not planned, but I just went with the flow since it was going in a positive direction.

Unfortunately somewhere between home & work, my ADD husband lost half the screws for putting the screen back together again, so next project is to finish that.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome idea! I finally put up a temporary fence yesterday to keep in my beloved dog, Sedona. It was exhausting–I wanted to give up after leaving home depot after 2 hours!! But I did it–yay me.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

@no_dopamine: Awesome! I agree; it’s good to just follow the impulse if you’re going in a good direction! Good luck with the screws!

@pete-puma: way to go! That sounds like a big project. Sounds like your Home Depot experience is a lot like my usual shopping style. I often suffer from what I call “grocery-store head.” Congrats for getting to the finish line!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Made it through a 1 day class (9am to 5pm) and caught over 50% of the material.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bought a new shower curtain (half price!), rod and hooks and actually put all of it up the next day! (it usually takes months for this to happen). Still can’t find the screws for the wooden screen, though. They’ll probably show up in the laundry (if they don’t jam the washing machine – we are not very good at checking pockets and end up with kleenex bits all over our clothes).

Congrats, billd, pete-puma!

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

I asked for referrals from 4 people yesterday afternoon and made 2 contacts for my business! I’m on my way!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

quizzical
    Participant

@no-dopamine: Yay shower curtain! A thought: if you have half the screws, maybe you can take those to the hardware store and find some matching ones. (I’m not handy, so I don’t know how easy/hard that might actually be, but it’s a thought)

Also, love your virtual high-five.

@billd: Wow! Long day! That’s great!

@memzak: Huge! Way to go!

My latest: Took my daughter to her first eye exam. At the end of the appointment the dr. said to come back in a year. Normally such things just kind of pass right through one of the Swiss-cheese holes in my brain, but this time, I actually thought – AFTER driving home with three chattering kids in the car, no less – to put a reminder on my calendar as a yearly recurring event; “Schedule eye appointment.” And I did it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

yesterday I had half–HALF a candy bar! For a guy who usually eats 2 at a sitting, that’s progress!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@quizzical – congrats – my husband asked me yesterday if I’d like to go to a particular vegan restaurant that we go for special occasions. I said sure! Then he said, do you know what day it is tomorrow? (today) – it’s our anniversary. I forgot it last year and I would have forgotten it this year. Put it on a calendar? Yes, but you THINK that’s one I would remember. Of course, we lived together for 16 years before getting legally married, so I guess that’s part of why I don’t remember it.

pete – can I have the other half?

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

@no dopamine: Happy Anniversary!

@ pete: You halved your bar, and ate it too! Way to go! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, going to try for a kudo here – Rick’s blog post got me off track today so he gets the blame (not me, of course :roll:)

I am using the 15 minute timer and task timer sheet to log what I do each day and that’s working great to keep me motivated to do the things I need to do to stay ahead at work.

BUT, I am getting pretty good at pressing the reset button for 15 minutes, and then checking the computer quickly (the idea is when the alarm goes off, colour in the bubble that relates to what you were doing, kind of like “tag you’re it!”). So I am starting to goof off at the beginning of the 15 minutes, NOT GOOD!

But,,,,,,, even though I did this, I still got at least twice as much done today as I would usually have. And I am getting to know my pattern better – turn the damn forum and computer OFF at work.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

can I high five myself for things I did the week before last? lol. I want to post on this thread! so I need to do something high five worthy. I was full of awesome like 2-3 weeks ago.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

@ sugargremlin: I say, go for it, especially if writing it down gives you inspiration to add to your accomplishments! And no matter what, cool stuff is still cool stuff!

High Five to No Dopamine for getting more done at work!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 316 total)