Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went a whole day without posting here or even looking at posts here. I got a lot done! Am in the midst of a busy order, so I dare not linger here. Cheers to everyone!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried to get my bitsy-piecey stuff out of the way over the last few days. I hemmed 4 pairs of pants, altered a pair of black pants for my daughter, made skin coloured underpants for my son (he has to have them for performances so they don’t show under light coloured costumes), cut out most of the costumes I am making for a show the kids are in, did my tax return, and went to the doctor to get a prescription (before I run out of my medication for once!) and ask about starting a new medication that I want to try for my RLS, in addition to what I already take. I wasted lots of Monday doing unnecessary things, when I could have finished all my cutting out, but I guess I have to expect that.

I feel good about how much I am accomplishing with you all here to give support. It makes such a huge difference to have people to talk to who understand how my brain works, and these “getting things done” threads are a great idea!! Thank you all :D

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

High fives to all!

Mine is small but still significant. The ‘piles’ that I made all over the bedroom floor and didn’t know what to do with often end up there for weeks, where they bleed together and eventually my husband tidies them away and I complain at him for spoiling my ‘system’.

The kids have a virus and they wanted to sleep in our room, so my husband moved the piles into boxes, threw a blanket over them to keep them out of sight and used the space to put up the inflatable mattress for the kids.

Okay, it would be a better story if I’d sorted out the piles, but the high five moment is that I didn’t fuss, cry or moan at him for moving my stuff. And the kids are feeling much better today!

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

My high five is that I worked on a Dragon Yest, and I am mailing all the paperwork out today.

the paperwork was A BIGGIE for me!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

oooooo I finally have some things to five high on! I’m pretty annoyed that i abruptly lost many of my successes when I ran out of meds…but i guess it makes sense about skill building and time…and that the meds are actually correcting a problem.

anyway. Yesterday, I got blood taken, got a TB test, bought shoes i needed (and way too much else), and saw an old friend.. all in one day! each thing had been procrastinated in some form. I definitely still dithered around, but I still accomplished stuff. I think tomorrow morning, I’m putting the pill on my nightstand because I procrastinated taking the pill until like 12:30pm.. which is bad when it is long acting vyvanse.

I saw my dr today and she gave me some booster dexedrine to top off the vyvanse for work only. maybe i’ll come back with some progress in decreasing my 12 hour days?

oh one thing I did manage to keep hold off without the meds. I kept up with my smartphone to-do list, grocery list, and calendar. i didn’t actually do any of it, but at least I wrote it down and looked at it from time to time lol.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Very nice all!

I run out of med tomorrow morning. Have enough only for my morning dose. I am going to ask for Vyvanse tomorrow with Dexedrine as well for my 12hour days. I work 12hours. It sucks. Right now I take 15mg dexedrine at 6am, then 10mg at 11am, and then 5mg at 4pm. Im sick of having to take so many, and im finding im having downs with the Dexedrine as well. With Adderall I didnt have downs. Im hoping the long acting Vyvanse will help with that. Anyways…

I did a lower body workout today, well before bedtime. However I didnt eat today. I did get groceries! Tomorrow I will be on track with eating, and whatever else. Im too tired to think right now and my stupid cat wont stop growling at my other cat, so excuse me while I go slap her and get then get some rest! hahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nurse power! I work 12hour days but they are supposed to be 8. Cue my self exploration of whether I have a problem and discovering that I’ve always had it but no longer able to compensate. I have no clue how you remember to take that middle dose. First one is morning time. Last one is brain death time . The middle one is probably unspecified lost opportunity time. You feel ok but probably could have gotten a ton more done if you remembered the middle dose. We will see if I can remember to take the booster. Ill probably forget until im brain dead at 6pmthe and think. Crap. Too late. Lol.answer img posts is so much harder on the mobile. I can’t see most of what I am typing. Nor do I remember what im actually responding to. Sleepy pill time!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t feel any mood swings with vyvanse and im a super moody person. One reasonis why iis didnt even entertainjust starting withto immediate releasing ones. Also would never remember to take middle doses. Comes on and leaves gradually. It can be irritating to wait an hour plus for it to work. I just need to take it close to first thing in the am. With breakfast of course.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate autocorrect!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I remember the middle doses because I can feel when it has worn off. I once had a very busy work day and forgot to take my middle dose and was racing around going one million miles an hour (well my head was). I was at the med cart thinking why the heck is my head racing like this! CRAP! I forgot my med!! I also have them timed with my breaks. 6am I leave for work, 11am is my lunch break, 4pm is my dinner break. But the rebound is getting to me.

Today is day one following my coaches advice. My goal for each day was to take my meds, take a shower, and do one load of laundry. Shower and meds are done, just waiting on laundry so I can put it away.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sugargremlin: A friend asked for help setting up his new TV. Before jumping in the shower this morning, I texted back “NP” for “no problem.” Autocorrect changed it to just “No.” Nice. I got out of the shower and was like WTF? At least I don’t have to help him. (JK, of course I’m gonna).

I got something done yesterday! My beloved dog snuck out of our backyard and found her way to the main road. My wife caught her just in time, but we need to put up temporary fencing. (The real fence goes in in October). So, I went to Home Depot after woork, got 6 stakes and some construction fence and spent 3 hours driving sticks into the ground and attaching the 60 foot long fence. Did I mention it was on a hill?

My ankles and back hurt, but I got it done–yay me. Felt good doing manual labor for a change.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Going for an unintentional high five here: was late getting to work yestereday. On the way here to work, had two deliveries to make. So still running behind. Saw a store I wanted to go into and was “just going to look at one thing”. Ok, it’s something like an Ikea store, so once you get inside, there is no getting out until you have walked through the whole store.

I saw some shelving that would be prefect for my new space, so I wrote down the dminensions and called my parter to ask about it. He gave me the green light to buy it. I bought a number of then (after checking the return poklicy – ok if unopened, 20% restockeing if opened). Took them to my bsiness and put one today (meant together). Allen key assumbly (arghhhh).

It took me a good hour and a half or more to put them all together and put stuff in them, but THEY LOOK GREAT! And my paertner said so too.

So I wasted time doing something I wasn’t supposed to be doing, but in the end, by following my instincts, I achieved something that I watnted to, that contributed to my goal.

High Four or High Five or Double High Five???? :P

p.s. sorry for the typso, k i’m trying hard not to hit the backspace key and correct them!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

double high four!!!

Carrie, how often do you see the coach? remembering meds definitely a fundamental step. I got a booster dex dose, but it didn’t help because i forgot to take it lol. I’m not supposed to take it after 4pm. I started feeling distracted and slowed down, but it was already 5pm. next time lol. I need to do my laundry too. I have piles of it on my floor >_<. tomorrow sounds like a good day to do it! I have to be somewhere at 3, but maybe I’ll be good and shove it in beforehand =P

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Hey all,

It’s been interesting keeping up with all of your progress. I was on vacation then got back last week and had to start to get organized as well as start on a major work project. So haven’t been posting much but today feel I can go for a high five :-)

1. I made a pact with my self that every morning I would do three things that are non-negotialbe before anything else that day no matter how pressing it is or how late I am – a) make my bed b) bring down the laundry and throw in one load ( to be taken out and dried either during the day or at least before dinner) and c) walk the dogs. I Figured if I made it “non-negotiable” I’d have to find a way to fit it in, getting up an hour early if necessary and so far so good!

2. Managed to keep to my agenda and work on “work” when I said I would. Did this all week without distractions and despite other outside appointments.

3.Today got to work on my killer basement – a total overwhelming thing for me. I stopped over a month ago and dreaded it every time I walked through it get to my home office – which I kind of turned into a semi-disaster zone by my attempt to re-organize it.

But it’s really funny because I can work really well in the office since my desk now faces away from the messy part! Nevertheless although I did quite a bit in the basement – tossing stuff and re-organizing to make it more functional – it is totally worse because I have stuff everywhere. I am on a mission to get it done by the 1st of September because I have a house guest coming for a week.If I make that deadline I think I’ll be in shock mind you!

4. And last but not least, after I was physically exhausted from the basement I came upstairs to find my kitchen looking like a bomb went off! My husband had cooked a fabulous dinner ( which I had eaten earlier) but I seriously think he doesn’t know where the garbage can is or that fairies don’t put the lids back on stuff LOL! Anyhow despite being totally wiped out and intending to head for the shower, I actually cleaned up the mess – and without complaining to him about it.

So yes, I think a high five week all ’round :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HIGH FIVE!

I like the non-negotiable bit, Nellie, just not sure who I am negotiating with at times! My new non-negotiable is my 15 minute timer. I place it somewhere close enough that I’ll hear it (it’s loud), but that I have to get up and turn it off because otherwise it will drive others crazy. I put the tracking list next to it, so every 15 minutes I do a check up on myself to see if I’m doing what I should be doing.

My husbadn used to use every pot in the kitchen to cook, and he leaves the counters and sinks full of dirty dishes. I have given up trying to get him to change, I just try to get in there before he starts cooking and clean up, and then as soon as dinner is over, we both clean up. But I admit, we’ve eaten more meals out this week because niether of us wanted to clean up and we were sup er bysy. (eeeks typos)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 316 total)