Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?2011-02-10T16:17:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Playing to Your Strengths Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Bill

OK, maybe it’s just my curiosity, but when someone mentioned their Myers Briggs personality type, I wondered whether ADHD’ers tend to show as having similar types. MB is based on 4 dimensions. Either you are:

Introverted or Extroverted (I/E)

Sensing or Intuitive (S/N)

Thinking or Feeling (T/F)

Judging or Perceiving (J/P)

You take the 4 letters that represent you. For example, I am ENFP. There are several sites that offer the Myers Briggs test free and several other sites to help you interpret the results.

Which one are you? Do you see a pattern emerging in the results?

Test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Information: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

ESFP and this is the second time I have gotten this particular result. It depends on how you answer the questions.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

I agree with Curlymoe115 it must depend on how you answer the questions on a given day according to your mood. Also the questions are sort of strange at times and may be interpreted differently.

I took it on the Kiersey site and got the same result 3 times. Then two different times from another site and got different results. I would say each one reflected an element of my personality so if I put all of them together I guess I get a composite. On the other hand, my daughter took it and I would say it was quite spot on. Just goes to show self-diagnosis is a dangerous thing. But it is fun to read as provides food for thought :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

When I take these tests I really think it would be more helpful to add a scenario. Give a situation and then list a few different ways you could go. That way you have a idea of what they really mean by the question. Would you rather be tackled by a linebacker at a football game or endure a few people at a party is hardly helpful. Depends on the day, the situation and who is at that particular party. I can tell you there are hordes of mobsters I would rather face then a few of my family members. At least you have a chance with the mobsters. What do they want with me. Sure aren’t going to start running me down about my weight, my child rearing abilities, the fact that I married someone they don’t like, and compare me to my perfect sister. That is a lot of what it is like taking these tests. In my head I envision the scenario, do you worry more about making a decision then what the long term ramifications are. I’m impulsive, that means I sure don’t spend a lot of time looking down the road at things. That doesn’t mean I never look before I leap but I can only do what I think is right and damn the consequences full speed ahead.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

ISFP – but some of the questions I indeed would reply differently on different days, or for different events.

For example – if someone TRULY needs help, and through no fault of their own has trouble, and quickly tries to help themselves up, but needs a temporary assist, I’ll be right there with help, needing nor wanting anything in return.

But if someone screws up, and spends money, maxing out credit cards, buys the most expensive cell phone then talks past their plan max, then has trouble paying the doctor – tuff. No help or sympathy from me. You did it to yourself and now beg that the world owes you.

Nope “the big bad world doesn’t owe you a thing”.

So the helping others part, the sympathy part- I’ve got it in excess, to the point I help others then fall behind myself in time and money, but only for those who “help themselves”, as like the old saying goes…………

other situations as well – if a purchase, for example, is an emotional thing, the color and other things come into play. A valve for the faucet on the house, I’ll spend a lot of time and effort to get the best, quality casting and machine work, etc. So making decisions on items is also a mixed bag. Depends on what it is. I hate shopping in general, but mostly for necessities like clothes. So I’ll grab quickly what fits and looks decent then get the heck out of the store. A hardware store – I’ll spend hours there!

REPORT ABUSE

Monika

Well, I took it twice and both showed this for me INFP.

For me, pretty accurate. Thanks for posting Bill, it was fun and I really like your “Who’s Awesome” Beagle pic. :D

Just call me Luke Skywalker with pink (rose-colored) shades. :)

This is taken from: http://typelogic.com/infp.html

“INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It’s as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities.

INFP children often exhibit this in a ‘Calvin and Hobbes’ fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity.

Of course, not all of life is rosy, and INFPs are not exempt from the same disappointments and frustrations common to humanity. As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., perfo rmance of duty for the greater cause. An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil. Luke Skywalker in Star Wars depicts this conflict in his struggle between the two sides of “The Force.” Although the dark side must be reckoned with, the INFP believes that good ultimately triumphs. “

Reference: http://typelogic.com/infp.html

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I am INFJ, which is weird, because I don’t usually judge things. It cracks me up, because people thought I was going for social worker, but I am not keen to that choice. LOL. My friends will get a big kick out of my results.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

No offense to the social workers, who are necessary and perform needed tasks, but I’m the “anti-social worker” and have trouble dealing with the “sw” mentality at work………. guess it’s because most are totally anti-technical (and those here seem to have pity on everyone, even the idiots who keep damaging themselves)

Like Santa’s elf/wannabe dentist said “I’ll never fit in” with some groups, and that’s one of them.

Funny mine came out how it did as I judge to the max, to a fault. However, I know it, and when given time, try to avoid it and look at other angles.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

billd I told my friend about me being a social worker and she burst out laughing. We both know I am not social worker, they annoy me like some counselors.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been doing the Myers-Briggs test every few years for a few decades now, whenever I was at career crossroads, and like most people on the fence when the answer the questions, at least one of my letters flips from one to the other. I tend to bound between ENFP and INFP. The score between E and I has only been two check marks in one column or the other. It’s very close. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which I really am 90% of the time.

A similar test if the Colour Test. There are a series of questions and the answers are calculated. The highest number defines your dominate personality colour. Again, I score very close to both blue and orange, and each have their mainframe meaning.

Both tests are great guides when you’re looking for career paths to follow up on.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think a few of your are confused by what the letters refer to. The J isn’t about judging people, it’s about how you take in information. Do you perceive information, or do you seek out hard facts? That defines which you are. I’m P, which makes sense because my dominate mode of approaching everything in life is through feelings (F). I’m, at most times, an extroverted intuitive perceiver who takes in information to make decisions based on gut feelings, and on other days I’m an introverted feeler who would rather just sit and take in things happening around me to others to for future decisions that back up my gut feelings in any given situation.

REPORT ABUSE

rebekkajm

hey I’m a social worker too :)

my type is:

ESFJ

67, 12, 38, 22 %

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

“An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.”

“Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP’s family members.”

“ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they’re doing.”

This could not be any truer of me. Hee.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

@Stacerella – The ENFP profile looked so much to me like ADHD, that I wondered whether a lot of us were ENFP – clearly not! I too, shift between I and E and have decided that I need both.

REPORT ABUSE

walkwithfarmgirl
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)