Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?2011-02-10T16:17:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Playing to Your Strengths Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

ENFP… Only 3-4% of adults? I’ve always had a feeling I was pretty unique… Or was it my Dad telling me I was “special”?!?! ;)

E – 78%

N – 38%

F – 38%

P – 44%

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Hi LadyBug!

What made me ask this question in the first place was that the profile for ENFP sounded so much like my understanding of the ADHD personality (e.g. starting projects but not finishing them, etc.) that I wondered how many of us would be in that profile.

And yes, you ARE unique.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t resist – ENTP!

REPORT ABUSE

daydream believer

I have taken the test 3 times over a period of about 15 years. The 1st 2 I came out an INTJ, the last INTP. It’s been a few years since the last test so maybe should take it again soon.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carry
    Participant

Not that anyone will read this old threat.. . but, like Aerin… I just had to!

My Type is

INFP

Introverted 100

Intuitive 62

Feeling 12

Perceiving 44

Qualitative analysis of this type formula

I’m possibly one of these:

very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Although I’m not totally sure… I think the last one suits me most.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s such a great thread Carry. I’ve always been ENFP, but I’m going to try again tomorrow when I’m on my meds to see if anything has changed!

I was very shy as a child, kept to my self a lot – definitely an introvert kid. But when I turned 13 I made a decision to be more outgoing. All my friends now will say I’m an extravert, but I still feel deep down I’m an introvert. I need lots of ‘alone time’ to feel happy and refreshed before facing the world again. Do you think it’s possible to change an aspect of your personality through sheer determination?

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

RedSquirrel, you story reads like mine, only I made that decision going into my final year of high school. I too am extroverted to a point. For example, I love parties, but there will come a point in the evening when I just have to get away from the group for a while.

I think that it is possible to change an aspect of you personality through determination. In fact, there is a school of thought that in early adulthood you should strive to be who you are, but that in later adulthood you should explore the other side. So, a confirmed introvert should learn about the joys of being outgoing and the life of the party should discover the beauty of solitary contemplation.

REPORT ABUSE

Ginniebean

I never can tell it’s either INTP or ENTP I go back and forth on the introvert/extrovert thing. The others I’m very sure about.

REPORT ABUSE

Carry
    Participant

The introverted aspect is undoubted, in my case! I really have to make an effort to ‘construct’ a need to share anything. However, being surrounded by fellow ADDers does help! ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ENFP. Professionals tend to loathe the online versions, you’re supposed to take the full, normal version on paper, but for me I get ENFP wherever I take it. Well, actually on paper I was borderline ENFP/INFP and while I have a few of the INFP traits ENFP fits me worlds better. I feel like it’s gotta be the most common ADD personality type. From what i remember the description reads like a symptom list! I actually tried to take it again because If elt like my answers would have changed a lot in the past few years… but nope! Still an enfp!

REPORT ABUSE

Arthurpod

I took the actual professional paper version and got the same as the online one: INTP. I think the online ones correlate well for me because I’m not borderline on any of the traits.

My dad says that if you read the positives and negatives of your supposed ‘type’ and they all seem like positives, the test was accurate.

REPORT ABUSE

JacquiM

I administer the MBTI as part of my job. Lots of people aren’t aware that we often don’t “test” accurately until later in life. Many people answer it from the view point of how others want them to be or with their work persona. My clients 40+ tend to have the most accurate results. If your life is chaos you won’t test accurately and how many adhd lives are exactly that. Test is meant to be taken without overanalyzing the questions. For those of you with borderline results it is worth talking to someone trained to do the self verification process. The creators of the instrument advocated that the test taker has the last say and you should have a trained MBTI practitioner do that with you. I cannot ethically administer it online if i don’t have a one on one session with the test taker to explain the results and do a self verification. I like Bill have pondered the ENFP and INFP question and ADD many times. I couldn’t find any studies done to give us an answer. Something to consider when or if I ever get to my Ed. Psych masters.

MBTI definitions are considerably different than your wikipedia definitions for the 8 dichotomies.

E are not always outgoing and social and I is not always shy and quiet. It is E energized by interacting with people and I energized by time to reflect and go within. Many people get sidetracked on that one. If you are still following “unregistered” I think your comments are right on the mark.

I am ESFJ . The bottom line is I am really happy when I pull off the J – remember this last one is how you make decisions not how your life is run. I am choas in most things but when it comes to making decisions I like to get it done and move on – very J. P’s love that open ended feeling and feel pressure when it is time to pull the plug and make the decision.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

This was fun, of course finding out things we like about ourselves is always fun. I took it a second time a couple days later and got the same results.

Take a look if you haven’t already done so, ya might like it.

Here’s the link if ya want to check it out.

Test: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html

Information : http://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html

I found out that I’ve already been on the right path most of my life, it’s just that the ways I’ve dealt with ADHD have gotten in the way of me actually being more successful on my path, and getting hit by a truck actually steered me back into the right direction :-) It just took a bunch of years to get my head screwed back on straight, more or less… Nevertheless, I do feel more successful lately. My path probably doesn’t look successful to a materialistic world. Fortunately I don’t think I could care any less how I look to the world. I just miss surfing a little bit still. Getting myself back into the water is becoming more of a challenge than I realized. It’s a goal I’ve set to fully achieve before I’m 50, so I’ve still got 21/2 years till “Mavericks” ***grin***

Nope, I’m not tellin you guys my results hehe. It’s more fun to see if anyone wants to guess. The one thing I don’t like about myself is that I’m fairly predictable. I don’t take Astrology very seriously, but the personality types do fit with some sun signs more accurately than others. I was born on Christmas, not such a bad thing nowadays.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like! Thanks Robbo. I found the section about how personality types are developed through our lives very interesting and the description of ENFPs is spot on….btw, I’m a Capricorn too.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)