Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?2011-02-10T16:17:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Playing to Your Strengths Which Myers Briggs Personality Profile are you?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Bill

The results so far:

ENFP (x2.5)

ESFP

ISFP

INFP (x1.5)

INFJ

ESFP

ENFJ

Clearly we are a “feeling” group!

The NF combination is called the Idealist:

Idealist is the nickname for the four Intuitive Feeler (NF) temperaments:

* INFP

* ENFP

* INFJ

* ENFJ

Intuitive Feeler (NF) Qualities:

* Spiritual

* Philosophical

* Relationship-oriented

* Original

* Passionate

* Creative

Intuitive Feelers (NF) are attractive to the following in their professional/career:

* A democratic environment

* Human resources

* Consulting

* Needy people

* Speaking

* Writing

* Mentorship or coaching

* Personal development

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I just took it again, and came up ISTJ……… totally different (except for the I part HA)

Some of the questions I need explanation on – like the soap opera one. Those things drive me NUTS – I yell at the idiots on the screen who can’t see their nose in front of their face. Is that “involved”? I think sometimes, but then, not. I get upset with them and want to knock some sense into their heads – and get impatient with the SLOOOOOOWWWW pace of most “soaps”, including evening soaps.

There are other things am not sure I “get” about the question – leaves room for judgment, so I guess, depending on how I feel, or how I decide the question reads at a particular time, I could be all over the map.

Interesting enough – I DO feel that the ISTJ really fits me more when I read the descriptions, and jobs areas. Yeah, law enforcement, strong sense of right and wrong.

THIS fits me to a “T” –

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with “just the facts, Ma’am.” They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown “to work,”) the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

INFP/J

Sometimes I come in as INFP and others as INFJ. I love the Myers Briggs. I always wondered if ADHDers had a common personality type.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

This is really interesting. I hope others post their Myers Briggs profile.

REPORT ABUSE

Bibliophile

There was a thread on this some time ago. http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=93

Incidentally, I an ISTP

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

well I came up with I SF P. I think its pretty close to being right.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I”m an ENFP, and have been doing this test for years now (about once a year for past 6 years) and usually, except once, come up the same. I forget where the dif was the one time but I think it was on the sensing instead of intuitive. It rings true for me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like redriverbluesman I’ve been taking the test since 1989, and come out INFP. Usually feel out-of-step with many people. I’ve just been learning why some employers were impatient with me. In 2005 the cognitive issues associated with Fibromyalgia broadsided me, however, the short attention span, short-term memory problems, difficulty concentrating, being easily distracted and one more I can’t remember at the moment, overlap symptions (?) of the Inattention subset referred to in the video.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine:

ENFP

Extraverted 33%

Intuitive 25%

Feeling 62%

Perceiving 22%

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

INFJ

But no one thinks I am an introvert because I have a “big personality”.

“INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear and confident vision, which they then set out to execute, aiming to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

ISFP

I was originally tested in university by my career counsellor, who made sure that the results made sense. She explained that you need to approach answering the test questions with what you would do most often, instead of how you felt on a particular day, in order to get more accurate results. Also, if you find yourself a low percentage for any one letter, read the personality of the other combination, and you might find that it fits better, and that it is actually your type.

She also mentioned that most people who are ADHD tend to be ‘P’s, because they don’t tend to plan ahead or follow strict schedules well.

Interestingly enough, she said that the most common type is ENTJ, and that many of the systems and expectations in society are built by and for ENTJ types. It’s not very encouraging to know that the way the world operates is mostly based on the exact opposite to your personality!

The last bit of information that she provided me with that you might find interesting, is that when we get stressed out we tend to react in ways opposite to our personality. For instance when I get super stressed out I make lists and schedules galore, the ‘J’ activities. These traits are often immature, because we don’t spend much time acting in these ways. And if we are forced into a situation in which we must act opposite to our personality traits, it is quite exhausting. Much like the way I almost dread social gatherings (especially if there are lots of people that I don’t know), but I will go, spend as much time as I can there, and then go home because I am too exhausted to continue to socialize with the group.

Just a little more food for thought. Interesting topic for sure.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Much like the way I almost dread social gatherings (especially if there are lots of people that I don’t know), but I will go, spend as much time as I can there, and then go home because I am too exhausted to continue to socialize with the group.”

`This is very true for me too, only I would add that I’m usually exhausted but wired at the same time, so I can usually forget about getting to sleep at a decent time. No one I know seems to get that about me. Most of my friends can go home and crash, but I go home and spend hours doing meaningless things, like playing Bejeweled Blitz.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Thank you so much, 60InchTool, for the links between Myers Briggs and ADHD. Above, I noted that most of us are F and as I look through the group, I see a lot of P’s as well.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ISTP …I guess…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)