Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?

Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?2010-12-02T04:49:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Deborah

:) Too funny Quizzical! Your story reminded me what I’d recently done and was horrified about, then had a good laugh over it :)

Our son was at his grad party and needed to be picked up early in the morning. After I got him home, we went inside and went to bed. A while later there was a huge thunderstorm with heavy rain. I was worried and said to my husband, “I think I left your truck unlocked?” No problem, until later on, when he was leaving to run errands, he called me outside and mimicked my voice, “I think I left your truck unlocked?” and there’s the driver’s door WIDE OPEN. We had a good laugh.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was certain that I had lost my iPod video (quite old now). I couldn’t remember where I put it, and I searched through the whole house, all jackets, my bad and so fourth. Nowhere to be found.

So that influenced me on my next cell phone I got, and took a Samsung Galaxy S so I can listen to music again.

Then after a few months after getting my Samsung I turned my bag upside down in the sofa to quickly get out everything as I was in a hurry, and the iPod landed on the sofa. I did look through my bag at least five times, yet I didn’t find it! It’s an iPod video 30gb so it’s not that it’s too small, and I have no idea how I not could have noticed it until months after it disappeared. Oh well, my Galaxy S is awesome, nice with music, games, calendar and multiple alarms. (:

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have so many, some funny, some maddening…like the time my friend gave me a free Buddy pass to Vegas and when we were coming back, I could not FIND the ticket. So I paid $500 for a ticket home, got on the plane, opened up my laptop case, and…found my damn ticket.

Once I got into someone else’s car because it was the same color as mine, then when I went to go start it, I looked down and actually thought, “Wow, I don’t remember have a stick shift…”

Another time the car I was driving in lost a TIRE and I thought there was something wrong with the transmission. I had actually thought I had seen something fly off the car but as I was already late, I just kept driving, but the car was almost impossible to control at that point. Pulled over at the first gas station I could find and the mechanic was like “I’ve never seen anything like this before…”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t been officially diagnosed and I’m still going back and forth on whether I have this……but..i’ll share anyway…… I once called a friend and forgot who I was calling. so basically I called someone and then asked whom I was speaking to.. super embarrassing and not the only time I have done this. The other times except for one additional time I was quick enough to hang up and look it up. Now I stare at the name and repeat it a few times in my head before calling.

I have notorious “brain meltdowns”. I was playing a table top RPG and we were in the middle of a battle. I went blank and started asking the rapid fire questions “where am I? what is going on? who are you? why am I here? what am I doing?” I have blank times every day, but this was my most epic. and it inspired the term “brain meltdown”.

recently I was ‘attempting’ to wash some linens. I put in a washer cycle and walked in and out of my room repeatedly and passed the large pile of sheets on my floor which I thought I was washing. However, I never noticed them. 40 minutes later, I check the wash and it is empty and I’m confused =(. I then have my moment of aha and walk back to my room to see the sheets. so much for laundry!

I cut off a disabled person in a grocery store line the other day. I made some vague mental note of her..forgot..then kept walking. I got a dirty look and felt like a huge jerk and apologized (about 3 minutes after it happened as I realized finally realized it). and still got a dirty look… it must have been even worse than I didn’t notice! ok..that’s not really funny…>_<…or maybe it is???? I kept thinking and forgot the point of this thread!

I once poured orange juice on cereal and took a bite..ewww….

this one is a little more serious. Just these last few months I was accidentally being paid close to double the paycheck I was supposed to be getting from a cash strapped non-profit and I didn’t notice…it has been a few months and I still don’t notice.. it came up by accident. It was enough mental effort to remember to have the check and make it to a bank in the same sequence. I’m giving all the money back of course. but wow…. important to make an impression as a new graduate professional….. this was around the time I blurted out to the big boss about how it takes me 11 hours to work a 6 hour day (which is how all this happened, they were accidentally paying me hourly)…on the day I almost forgot to sign something important and arrived at 4:55pm…and not-thinking wore clothing filled with cartoon character patches…. yes.. i still have a job =)

tireddddddddd..sleepy time!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

I’m posting this because while definitely not my “funniest” moment by a long shot,for some weird reason it just popped into my head.

Back when I was a teenager, I was out canoeing with a bunch of others. I always considered myself very outdoorsy and capable of survival in the woods. But for some reason this particular group ( mix of girls and boys) always treated me like a bit of a clutz, which annoyed me because,like I said, I considered myself far more capable than them.

Soooo, there we were on the open water and to this day I don’t know why, I decided to switch canoes. Yes…by jumping – not stepping which is dumb enough – but jumping, from one to the other!

I was expecting the person in the other canoe to come closer so I could switch. I’m sure you can guess how this ended: me in water them laughing their heads off! To make matters worse I was dressed in heavy fall clothing.

I have no idea what prompted this impulsive decision – except perhaps my adhd traits and most likely explains their perception of me. I can laugh now, but at the time naturally I felt like a complete idiot.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I have “shoplifting” incidents. I will pick something up, it will be in my hand. Then a short while later DH or whoever I am with will ask me if I have decided to buy anything. No, I didn’t find anything. Out of the store I will walk, get into the car and then suddenly I will go to get something out of my purse or pocket and put what I have in my lap or on the table if we go to eat. And there it is. The thing I am holding, that I didn’t pay for. So back to the store I go and pay for something that I really had no intention of buying. Can’t tell you how many times that has happened to me. And it will be something silly. The first time I was 14 and it was a receipt book. Then we went out to ride the pony that you put change in. And there it was. That time I just snuck it back in and put it on the shelf.

The checking through the purse and not finding something really resonates with me. I am always searching for something and will go through every inch of the bag and then when I am looking for something else, the item I was sure had been lost or stolen will turn up there. Frustrating.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, I hate the picking something up and not remembering thing. I have done that SO many times. I even threw away my paycheck several times because I can’t stand paper around the house; if things are too cluttered I cannot think. My poor husband has fished more than one paycheck out of the garbage after I SWORE I did not throw it away. Now whenever anything disappears around my house he tells me that I am guilty until proven innocent, because I just do not remember or do not see it in front of me.

Just today I drove up to the health club convinced I had left my phone there because I couldn’t find it in my purse. I also blew off a doctor appt because I was running so late I realized I was too embarrassed to show up, and since I didn’t have my phone, couldn’t call to let them know. No phone at the health club. Got home and looked in my purse again that I had looked in three times. And there it was.

When my next door neighbors first moved in, I went over to introduce myself. After a lovely chat, I went home. An hour later my neighbor knocked on my door and asked me if I had somehow picked up her keys. She couldn’t find them anywhere. I said no, of course.

Six hours later as I was getting ready for bed I took off my shorts and put my hand in my pocket and found…her keys. I was so embarrassed giving them back to her. I was sure she thought I was a klepto and/or a liar who had made a copy of her key and planned to walk into her house the next time she left! I would not have blamed her if she had changed the locks! :-)

It is so hard to be me!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

linzolinzo

The keys – I’m ROFL :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forgive me for posting something unrelated … but your help is needed

I am doing a research paper on attention deficit disorder (ADD). The core purpose of this research paper is to present information and data from a whole different perspective: a positive one. This research paper is dedicated to those who have ADD and are constantly being put down by researches that focus primarily on what they lack rather than what they have.

If you have attention deficit disorder (ADD), kindly fill out the survey

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YPGLKJJ

Sincerely,

D.S.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well my most embarassing would have to be between two things: A) one ofthe many times im zoned out but ilok like im staringi.tently atbsomething and that “thing” is a mentally/phiscally disabled person or a breast feeding mother or a busty womans chest orsomeones crotchetc..

B) the time our health teach was teaching about either heart disease or something and gave an anecdote about her close friend who ate breakfast, said bye to his fam, then opened the door togo to work and fell flat on his face dead instantly…ibusted is HYSTERICALLY llaughing, thowring my head back ngrabbing mysides overcome with laughter onlyhearing bits n pieces ofthe the story that whenid putit together inny head amounted to a funny storry bout so me one being dressed in bussiness atire readytogo run some fortune 500 company with briefcase in tote and as soon as they tryn step outthe door they somehow freeze and hit the floor. It was more lije a cartoon in my head. It was until 30 pairs of eyesburned an ozone sized hole into my soul that the lil DVR in my head did a quick instant replay of what the teacher said and then i realised, she was talking about her friend dying…that was 7th grade…im 23. Everyniw n then i think about that and other stories n i STILL get embarassed all over again for it…and i am NOT easily embarassed lol

of the story

REPORT ABUSE

nanlyn51

Where I live there is a guy who is called knuckles (?). Maybe because he gets in fights all the time. He has done some jail time. One day he was walking past my house and my two Scottish Terriers started barking at him as they usually do whenever people pass by. I said off the top of my head not even thinking, “Will you knuckleheads quit your barking.” I had never called them that before and they bark quite often at the people passing by my house. Go figure??

Another time, I was at meeting which was held on a second floor. There were a couple of things needing to be done on the first floor, when I realized that I had left my keys upstairs, so I asked the security guard if he could open the upstairs room so I could get my keys. And lo and behold, I was holding them in one of my hands. Talk about feeling foolish.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh thats not that bad, in almst a daily basise i spend time looking for my phone whike using it. Sometimes ill even tell the person to let me call them back so that i can call my phone….from my phone lol imagine my confusion when it just keeps on calling voicemail kol

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

It’s all the time, I just need to remember to right down some of the stuff.

We have quick minds. One time my daughter, her big brother, n his girlfriend were visiting me. I was in “clown mode” a little bit hyper. I love watching all kinds of science stuff. Used to have the discovery channel, Science channel, all those brainy channels. I love physics n I’ve read about all different kinds of new age spirituality and a handful, (big handful) of religions. so I’ve got a lot of true material to work with in my head. I mix in unbelievable but possible Incredibly amazing untruths into some of my long rambling “philosophical” discussions. About 6 or 7 times in a row, I went off on one of my tangent and mixed in a bunch of goofy exaggerations. After one of them asked me “really” “is that seriously true?” the 3rd or 4th time I would look at them and say “nope, I made all that up” with a look like a little kid who just tricked his parents on my face.

These poor kids nearly fell off my couch laughing. It was one of the best visits I’ve had. I lived in a hellish very crime ridden drug infested poor neighborhood at the time. Most of my neighbors were drug addicts, drug dealers, or just very poor and very mizerable. It’s miracle I survied living there 3.5 years. One time there was a shootout in my front yard. I scrambled to try to get it on video with my web cam!!!! what an idiot huh? There must have been 15 cop cars there within 20 minutes. (it took a long time for the cops to show up in that neighborhood)

I made the best of it. I wish I could remember some of those silly crazy stories.

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

OMG I’ve laughed SO hard at this thread. Many, many very familiar moments or situations I could easily imagine myself in. I’ve locked my keys in the running car more times than I can list. I’ve also carefully locked up everything in and around my house only to get up in the morning and realize the keys to my truck were still in it. And I’m notorious for rushing around madly searching for something I’m clutching in my hand.

Whenever I go off my routine I get into trouble. I smoke only outside, so my habit is I leave my front door unlocked until I’m ready to go to bed, because my door has one of those electronic lock things and I have no key. Well, one night I thought I’d go to bed, so I flipped the lock, but then I got distracted by some fascinating website, and thought I’d have one last smoke before going to bed.

Yes…I stepped outside, very carefully closed the door fully so my dogs wouldn’t rush out and go barking and wake up my landlord (I live in a guest house). When I went to go back inside the door was locked! I frantically searched around for my cell phone for the electronic lock code I’d carefully put into it so I would remember it…but I’d plugged my cell phone in next to my bed as part of my bedtime routine before getting distracted by the website. !!

My dogs started barking at me when I tried to break in through the bedroom windows, but one of the things I like about this place is it’s pretty much burglar proof. So, with my dogs inside and everything all ready for bed, I wound up sleeping in my truck which, thankfully, I leave unlocked. I used the dog blanket I leave in there for covers, and waited until my landlord’s former house manager (who is herself, thankfully, very ADHD) to wake up and figure out how to get me back in.

My dogs were VERY confused. But she and I laughed heartily for a long time about it.

One of the reasons I own donkeys is because you must have a sense of humor to have them around. If you don’t, they’ll quickly play enough tricks on you to either lighten you up or cause you to sell them. So I identify with them very much. One time my ex, who was going through an unusually humorless period of his life, was bringing in their “nummies” (oats and cookies) when a mammoth donkey I owned, who was 17 hands high (very, very, very big donkey), was so excited and wiggling all over the place that he wound up knocking into my ex. I think that particular donkey was very ADD and much like me.

Anyway, his wiggling caused all four donkeys’ dishes to fly way up in the air, turn upside down, and spill all of the nummies right smack down on my ex’s head and down his shirt. My donkey then ran over to me to “protect” him, where we all (me and the donkeys) laughed until we couldn’t breath at my ex, who was fuming when I told him it definitely WAS funny and hopefully he’d realize how funny it was later.  Three years later I began telling that story, but first looked at my ex and asked “is it funny  yet?” LOL.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

A few years ago, while visiting Las Vegas, I got on one of the last episodes of “Let’s Make a Deal” to be taped there, and won $100 in a Quickie Deal.

After the taping, we winners had to go into a back room to do all sorts of paperwork.  An hour and a half later, I was finally able to go to a public washroom and change out of my “Carmen Miranda” costume, and start the long (but pleasant) walk back to the hotel.

After I’d been walking along the Strip for about half an hour, a female security guard rushed out to me, and very embarrassedly told me that I was trailing a 6-foot-long strip of toilet paper, like a tail.  Evidently, it had gotten caught in the back of my trousers when I was changing, and I hadn’t noticed it…for over half an hour, on the very crowded Vegas Strip, and inside several shops.

I was mortified…for about a second.  Then, I started laughing like an idiot.  (Well, what else could I do?)  The security guard looked quite terrified, and ran back inside.  I tore off the tail, tossed it in the trash, and continued on my merry way.

Every so often, I’ll check YouTube, to see if anyone posted a video of “fat idiot with TP tail in Vegas” (because I KNOW that it was so ridiculous that lots of people MUST have videoed it).  No luck yet.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)