Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Never ending ADD humor

Never ending ADD humor2012-01-13T21:36:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Never ending ADD humor

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)
  • Author

distractedmomma

Reading all these makes me feel so “normal” lol! My tendancy to do things like this peaked when I became a mom. I once took my son for a long 45minute walk only to come home and find my car keys and house keys sitting on the railing next to the front door (in clear view). I was like I was saying ” feel free to borrow the car and use my home while I’m gone!”. I was so lucky nothing was taken :)

I also did the grocery thing many times. The worst time was when I had emptied all my bags but one and it happened to be the most expensive one with all the meat in it. I found it the next morning. Eighty dollars down the drain :( I was so upset with myself. I was on mat leave and now I was throwing money in the garbage!

Oh there was one time I rushed in to work to do something. It was raining and I was in a hurry. I backed into a parking spot and I think at one point I opened the door to see the curbside (I’m not even sure what I was doing), but anyway I ended up hitting the door against the cement and bending quite badly. I can at least say this was my worst car accident ;) No one was injured and no other people were involved. Still, hubby wasn’t too happy with me…

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

recently i was going back and forth over whether or not to buy the carwash along with the gas…money’s been really tight, but my kids were complaining about the car, so decided to go ahead and do it. i went inside and divided the money for gas and wash. i put the gas in and…..yep! drove off without going through the car wash!….. and then i kept forgetting to go back to the place to get the wash i already paid for to the point the code expired.

i also am prone to forgetting that i am parked right next to large structural support poles as i am backing out of parking spaces…all the more embarrassing when the parking attendants come running at the sound of the crash. (better than hitting another car at least!).

ever since i did it at one of the places i worked, one of the attendants would rush over to guide me out when they would see me getting ready to leave. 😳

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

I had to stop at a condo building on my way home from another job to do some electrical works. The condo was on the ground floor near the parking lot. When I had finished the work, I put my tool belt and power tools over the balcony rail to save carrying them back through the building. I was in a hurry to pick my daughter up from school, and was slowed down by having to talk to the builder’s foreman on the way out.

As I was falling asleep that night at nearly midnight, a terrible thought came to me. OH @#&% my tools. I rushed back to the building, but they were gone.

I had not had anything as bad as that happen to me for nearly thirty years. It was part of a trend of worsening ADD symptoms I was experiencing at the time.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Ok I’ve told this one before too but I still crack up thinking about it ….

We once went on vacation during the winter and left the car with a mechanic to be serviced. When we returned he was really ticked off at us because he had pulled the car into the warm garage to de-thaw and work on it. Apparently after a while he was overcome by a horrendous odour – I had forgotten a frozen 20 lb turkey in the back of the vehicle! At the time I couldn’t understand why it was so terrible since I thought it was funny. Still do….:-) :D

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

By some really weird accident I came across this post when I was typing totallyadd.com into google search bar and misspelled it.

Here’s a cut and paste of my old post. The thread itself has some funny stories so worth a look – http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=606&page=2

Library Books – First of all I knew since I was a kid that the library was not a place I should get books from. I was about 7 when my mother and I joined the local library. I still have the book over 40 years later

I should have bought stock in the major book chains years ago but that’s another story. However, one of my daughters insisted we should join the public library about 2 years ago so, taking in to account the amount of money spent on a weekly basis at the book store, I agreed. She’s really good at returning hers, I on the other hand can’t go back.

I took out 5 hardcover books on a subject I’m researching. Kept renewing, then eventually got to the point where they start to mail you the slips that you owe them a fortune to pay for the book because you must be a normal person and were robbed so can’t return them.

Good intentions being what they always are, the books were in a cloth shopping bag near the front door so I could return them the “next time” I went out. I drive by the place once a day anyway… Well many more months went by.

Fast Forward to last summer’s vacation time and the family is frantically rushing around to get ready on time to get a taxi to the airport. At the last minute I see the bag and assume my husband ( who’s in the taxi) has forgotten his reading bag. Not that he really has a reading bag, but anyway.

So we get to the airport and in the usual mayhem he keeps refusing the bag every time I try to give it to him – “it’s not mine.” I keep repeating “yes it is” and start to get rather annoyed that I have to carry it. Anyway, because we’re so busy checking in, going through security etc. this gets unresolved until we are at the gate waiting to board.

I adamantly insist he carry his own reading bag. He says “I am” and holds up a plastic bag with mags etc. I of course say ” then why did you bring this one that you forgot in the hall?” He looks at me like I’m crazy. I open the bag and of course burst out laughing when I see what it is. He thinks it’s not so funny and still won’t carry them.

The books are now somewhere in Europe.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

What excellent tales.

Nellie – your library book scenario is brilliant.

g.laiya – those structural poles move. There are concrete poles in a car park I use and there’s one that insists on jumping out at me. It’s most annoying as it’s managed to cave in my front drivers side door. My neighbours are horrified that I haven’t had it fixed but the truth is it never dawned on me and now I don’t notice it. The door shuts OK. :)

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Oh Scatybird -Out of sight out of mind :-)

I can relate – I have a huge crack in my back fender I’ve been “intending” to fix for a couple of years at least! Once in a while I see it and think it doesn’t look to too bad either! every time I have the car washed I need to pop the plastic parts back in !

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Hints from kc5jck:

Dear KC: I was in my wife’s car and stopped at the post office. The parking lot was about a half acre and except for one or two trucks, was empty. When I went to leave, I backed into a six inch concrete filled post which was below my field of vision but high enough to mar and put a small dent in the bumper. It was the only obstacle in the lot, but I found it. What do I do?

Hey stupid: Go home, place a small circular Air Force Academy bumper sticker over the spot which will cover the problem nicely and looks better than the duct tape normally used for such repairs. 😉

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

We always seem to have trouble stopping the racing thoughts, so we can fall asleep at night. Here’s a cartoon that illustrates that unpleasantness:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223871_166170230187177_1190606213_n.jpg

It also reminds me of the title of a Frantics stage show, back in the ’80s: “Ideas That Come to You in the Middle of the Night, So You Get Up and Write Them All Down, But Can’t Make Head Nor Tail of Them in the Morning”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

nellie – the library has sent my account to collections twice. my son then begged me for his own library card so he could check books out (he was 6). now he has been sent to collections too. oops!

I have to be at my son’s bus stop at the end of our street by 4:15 to get him off the bus. I have to set the alarm on my phone for 4pm and then keep hitting the snooze button while I try to wrap up whatever incredibly important distraction I am in the middle of. If I don’t hit the snooze button, I forget to pick up my son. Time just slips away! I swear there is a time warp that just follows me everywhere! The bus driver has my cell phone number store in her personal cell phone so that she can call me when I’m not there, although she probably has it memorized by now.

When I was working for the state at the local health department, aside from the typical wearing mismatched shoes, forgetting to brush my hair, and chronic lateness, one day I showed up without a shirt on. I was wearing just my bra and one of those camis that’s just for making the shirt not see-through. I didn’t realize until I got out of my car in the parking lot. I had to go inside because I was only 2 minutes late and so really, that’s on time. I had to call my friend to break into my house and bring me a shirt, only when she got there I didn’t like the shirt she brought so I made her go back and get another.

Ahhh, just a typical day here in Lindsay-Land!

Reading these posts have made me crack up and feel much better about my daily escapades!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

SayWhat – that’s classic! I have left the house before having forgotten to do up the buttons on my shirt but I’ve not forgotten to put one on at all! Love it! :)

Neiilie – aren’t back fenders meant to have cracks in them? Start a new trend. :)

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

I’ve had to sneak around a construction site hoping no one will see the house slippers on my feet, while my safety boots are still sitting by the front door of my house.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

So as usual I have PBS on and what’s on? the ADD And Loving It?! first documentary, It started about a half an hour ago. I remembered a super funny thing that happened when I was in Kindergarden. It was nap time, so of course me and another hyper active kid were goofen off. I found a bead, it fit into my nose perfectly and I kept stuffing it in and then blowing it out! we would laugh!! and then do it again and again like kids do right? Then it got stuck in my nose! AACK! I was horrified… I can’t remember but I think the other kid finally told the teacher cuz I was too embarrassed. They had to take me to the nurses office n use some tweezers to get it out. I think I was crying but it’s hard to remember the embarrassing part. I can’t rember the fun either now that I think of it. I just remember it happened. Not a fun memory, just funny in hindsight… hmmm

That Peggy Ramundo is sooo dang cute! :-) What a doll. Puppy Cute! hehe OOPs!, actually it’s Dr. Laura Muglie or something, they only showed her last name for a second. I dunno why I assumed her name was Peggy. brain fart!

The music they play while waiting for people to call in sounds like play skool music. Real immature, like lot’s of us huh?

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Hahaha! Had another ”moment” last night! Until the last few years, I had never driven much outside the city (fear of getting lost).

Anyway, last night I was asked to take family pics in a town about 40 minutes away. It`s was a fairly easy destination, but I can miss the most obvious exit signs sometimes. So I made it there in time without getting lost (Yay me!). Then, an hour later we were done, but instead of going home right away (it was 9 pm and really dark out), I decided to try and capture the light of the moon reflecting on the water. After a few minutes, fear of being alone at night took over and I gave up on my shot. Still I enjoyed my evening a lot and was smiling and actually getting a little misty eyed thinking about the great family pics I had just taken.

During this time, I was driving. I figured it would be easy to see the exit sign, so my mind drifted…. all of a sudden I`m driving down a narrow road and there are no houses anywhere! I turn around and realize that I had missed the exit and was quite a ways from the town I was in a few minutes ago. I finally get back into town and call my husband.

He told me the exit was near the Tim Hortons and I laughed. I remembered seeing the Tim Hortons and thinking about wether or not to get some coffee, decided against it and continued on missing the exit sign LOL! So, I got off the phone with hubby, saw the Tims not 30seconds away and decided to get a coffee before exiting. This time, I got it right :D

It was the first time I could actually laugh at myself without feeling stupid :D :D

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Hahaha! Had another ”moment” last night! Until the last few years, I had never driven much outside the city (fear of getting lost).

Anyway, last night I was asked to take family pics in a town about 40 minutes away. It`s was a fairly easy destination, but I can miss the most obvious exit signs sometimes. So I made it there in time without getting lost (Yay me!). Then, an hour later we were done, but instead of going home right away (it was 9 pm and really dark out), I decided to try and capture the light of the moon reflecting on the water. After a few minutes, fear of being alone at night took over and I gave up on my shot. Still I enjoyed my evening a lot and was smiling and actually getting a little misty eyed thinking about the great family pics I had just taken.

During this time, I was driving. I figured it would be easy to see the exit sign, so my mind drifted…. all of a sudden I`m driving down a narrow road and there are no houses anywhere! I turn around and realize that I had missed the exit and was quite a ways from the town I was in a few minutes ago. I finally get back into town and call my husband.

He told me the exit was near the Tim Hortons and I laughed. I remembered seeing the Tim Hortons and thinking about wether or not to get some coffee, decided against it and continued on missing the exit sign LOL! So, I got off the phone with hubby, saw the Tims not 30seconds away and decided to get a coffee before exiting. This time, I got it right :D

It was the first time I could actually laugh at myself without feeling stupid :D :D

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)