Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not comfortable wading into topics of religion or politics on this forum – I don’t think it belongs here but that’s my opinion. I had religion rammed down my throat as a child. It’s helpul for some, not helpful for others, like anything. But if this forum goes in that direction, I’m going the other way.

I’m glad your posts are getting shorter. I have a lot of trouble with long posts and usually don’t read them, just the beginning and the end – kind of like how I follow conversations and lectures in real life :-)

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

I agree with no_dopamine,

not into religion and don’t want to see it here either. This post topic is more of a positive, how I did it kind of thing we all use to cheer each other one. One of the lighter ones on the site. I think the religion posts tend to get a bit to philosophical and I can’t relate.

Sorry…..

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I know you didn’t want to go to that place. But when you look at most people, all you see is that religion has just heap guilt onto an already existing pile of guilt. So so religion is is one of the biggest stumbling blocks in the life of a person with ADHD. No matter whether you agree or disagree with the religion being taught. All I have to say is that it brings on condemnation which we’re pretty good at doing ourselves so to finish. I would like to say don’t worry, be happy.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok.. here goes, I managed to cancel a gym membership that neither I or my husband have been using yet still paying for since 2007. Um yeah. I procrastinated a bit and they didn’t make it easy to cancel.

As for discussing politics/religion, my mom always taught me not to discuss those things in public. Beliefs are beliefs and people change them not because someone else told them they should, but because they’ve made the decision for themselves based on their own wants and desires.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I nearly forgot to add in one other awesome thing I managed to do. I wanted to find a cord I needed for loading photos from my camera into the computer and ended up looking through an Armour we have that has a bunch of our tools and such in it. As I was looking, I decided to “fix”/reorganize it. And while that’s usually a huge pitfall, I actually managed to organize it, throw out stuff I didn’t want/ need anymore and walk away without it being “perfect”. My husband was thrilled that I didn’t stay and work on it all day to get it just right.

We’ll now have an easier time getting our tools out and though the cord wasn’t there, I did manage to find it a few minutes later next to my desk (even though I was ready to find a new one at the store if I had to) and upload all my photos off the camera and delete all the gazillion photos that had still been on the camera so that I didn’t have to worry about running out of memory in it the next time I go to use it.

I call that progress.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Been able to get stuff done the past two or three days. Finished two essays, two laboratory reports, some research and miscellaneous short pieces of writing! I think this is the most productive I’ve been in a long time.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

Recent accomplishment: Working on the book I’m writing for two days in a row, five pages per day. Doesn’t sound like much, but for me, a major accomplishment. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Hey wow great job both ALex and sdwa! I still have so many unfinished projects in the proverbial drawer so to speak and know how hard it is.

For my own high-five – I am learning to finish what I start and recognize that I start something and then leave it lying around and start on something else without having scheduled time to finish the first thing. DOes that make sense? ANyway one of the major things lately has been my ( perpetual) office re-orgainztion. I have been attacking it steadily over the past two weeks. While not perfect yet (if it ever will be) I have been going back to it habitually and I’m nearly there.

The other thing is that I am learning to recognize that things don’t have to be perfect to be functional. There is a good enough phase in any project. I am wasting less time with tiny details that really don’t matter.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Hey! I’ve come up with some new rules for myself to help me keep my posts shorter and more helpful. I’ll feel better, and get more answers to the questions I’ve asked. I don’t want to be part of the reason this site has gotten so giant and difficult to manage for the totallyadd staff. In about 6 or 8 hours I’ll post the rest of my new limitations for myself.

Go ahead, write “clap clap clap clap, yeah Robbo!, you’re so smart!, and cool man!”

or not, I’ll still be holding my arm up for a high five :-D

N blow my own horn some.

hehe.

PS, now I don’t feel so bad about not being about to remove/delete older posts I wish I didn’t write here. I’ll be able to see progress, and other folks will see me becoming less crazy too. Cool huh? Go ahead, clap n cheer some more okay?

or not, it’s okay

hehe.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

I can hardly wait Robbo :-) Holding my breath….

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Yay Robbo! High Five – Slap!

Are you seriouly deleting old ones? Don’t delete something good… your story has been fascinating!

-Munch

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I was talking about feeling some regret about some of my ranting and rambling, It’s not possible for us to delete our old posts from here. That’s part of the reason that no_dopamine left. Just one of the reasons she listed. I’m still a happy camper here. I just need to keep it under control and in perspective. Understand?, It’s kind of a way for me to self restrain myself from splattering gibberish all over this web site. I don’t mean to beat myself up, but even here. I can feel like an oddball.

It’s all good though. I’m doing okay.

Thanks – Slap!

PS, it’s a difficult self restraint thing to accomplish. So you may not have to hold your breath for long nellie.

Breath!, breath nellie!

Termiighty.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

K, here’s the dope.

I started working on this some time yesterday/last night. A set of desired limits to impose on myself. In the Interest of becoming more functional here, and bringing more positive solution oriented posts here.

Rules/limitations for myself:

Length of posts, number of subjects/topics I talk about in a post, waiting at least 6 hours after I write one to think more about what to say, and to be clear before I post it.

I’m truly grateful for the patience of the folks that put up with me without being abusive, dismissive, and just mean spirited like I’ve experienced so much in life, and on the Internet MUCH more. Passive aggression sneaks out of me/us sometimes. It especially sucks when I don’t even know who I’m angry or aggressive with. Maybe that’s how my posts get so long. It doesn’t matter, I’m thinking more before posting now, taking my time, and not taking too much time out of my life.

Thank you community, the quality of my life is indeed improved by this web site, the people, the staff, and the human souls we all have inside. To me the soul is the good in us, the part that makes us human and uniquely special. I’m finding a better connection with mine here, and finding where I fit in this crazy world. Totallyadd is an important part of my spiritual path. It’s only one part. It’s no fun when what I say get’s interpreted as religious. But it won’t kill me. People got a right to call em like they see em. I have a place to talk about that stuff in my life already. A good phone call this morning reminded me of that.

So this post is just me realizing/discovering my place here, and also the parts of me that I don’t need to bring here. I have to define my role in any given social situation. Be true to myself, and not waste anyone else’s time in the process.

I just reached the size/length limit for my post.

later toematers. hehehe. funny new word huh?

Just what is a toemater? any guesses?, ideas? ***snicker***

Peace.

all be bok.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I’ve decided to give myself a break, that’s sort-of a big deal in this camp huh? Like nearly freaking Impossible for some. How do you give someone a break when you can’t stand the site of him in the mirror? sometimes I think I’m good looking, then I realize I’ve got a total dork staring back at me, with a silly grin… Mirrors are over-rated.

I do hereby giving myself permission to be a fool once in a while, it takes a lot of pressure off me.

Regardless, of all my “thinking” splattered all over this web site, I’m going ahead and not beating myself up for making a silly 6 hour rule for myself. That’s kinda like asking a little mini dog not to bark at giant strangers. (everyone is giant when you’re a scared little mini dog) So I’m revising my new self imposed rules. The rest still apply. I’m undoing that self imposed 6 hour rule.

I’ll just wait a good and long time before I post any of the larger ones.

Better huh?

Slap! Slap!

Can I get an extra high five for not posting any gigantic enormous never-ending long drawn out n covered every subject under the sun fifty million thousand word long, um, rantings/rambling posts? In the last couple days… mostly. Unless I forgot one. Hmmm.

All done.

I could use a “****Big Grin****, and a couple ****atta boy!****’s.

Slap!

Slap! Slap!

Got encouragement?

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Ratz, I hope I didn’t kill this thread -<(:-( (dunce cap, hehe)

I remembered to watch my only favorite show that isn’t on PBS,

That’s a win.

Thread,

Please come back to life. Ukay?

Thank you very much

Robbo.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 316 total)