Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 316 total)
  • Author

nellie

no_dopamine,

It’s my competitive nature that fuels the non-negotiable :-) Otherwise I wouldn’t have lasted a day LOL. Guess my brain is easily tricked and doesn’t realize it’s me I’m competing against :-)

Oh we get lots of take-out – the kitchen still ends up a mess – seems like I’m the only one who knows where the trash can is so unless I throw out the containers they’d never get tossed!

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

A week’s worth of high fives for everyone!

I was away on vacation all week, so here’s my post-vacation accomplishment: Got home at 9:30 p.m. and instead of crashing on the couch, spent over an hour on the unpacking! Got all the dirty laundry sorted and pulled the clean laundry out of the suitcases so it wouldn’t be all wrinkly and end up going into the wash as well! AND I put everyone’s shoes back where they belong so we could find them this morning!

Wish I could say all the unpacking’s done, but I did way more than I’ve ever done so soon after arriving home, and I was able to get ready for bed without digging through the suitcase for this and that!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Good for you Quizzical!

That’s always a chore I try and get over with right away as well otherwise the suitcases can end up in my entrance hallway until the next time we need them! I almost made it this time – got everything except my own suitcase put away! I figure if I wear the clothes out of it I’ll save time stacking it in the closet :-) Luckily my kids are great at putting their own stuff away – the husband not so much so I brought the bag upstairs into the bedroom so at least it’s not in the entrance to trip over! But on the upside all the dirty laundry and stuff I bought got put away!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, you folks are great. I have nothing to get high fived about lately. Had a medication switch due to methylphenidate (sp?) shortage and just about went bonkers. Watching ADD and loving it again made the bulb go off. I am getting ready to shower! woohoo! Then I am driving a senior to a medical appt. I volunteer for a local program that helps get seniors out and about that can no longer drive.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

@ lakelly: Big high five for volunteering! I have extra admiration for that because my own life is sadly lacking in the helping-others department. Too wrapped up in my own angst, I guess : :) And another high five for the shower because it’s 1:30 and I’m still in my stinky workout clothes – ewwwww!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks quizzical,

I showed up 45 minutes early! My senior was quite accommodating. There was a flash flood and we hit a water main break prior to getting to the hospital. Long story short we laughed allot and had a great time. I love people. I was a bit concerned when I went to pick her up and the nurse stated that she had already left! Once I recovered from having lost my first “senior” the nurse noticed her mistake and stated that she was still there. We laughed all the way back to her place. A good day, I am feeling more like myself again after an Adderall nightmare.

I strongly recommend volunteering,especially with seniors. they are so appreciative and most often have a great sense of humor!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

definitely high fives on volunteer work!!!!

a few high fives for me. I have an empty sink. all my dirty laundry is clean. and I managed to handwash a bunch of new things I bought.. well.. gentle cycle in the washer then air dry. i am just way too lazy to hand wash stuff lol. I finally got around to buying a kitchen timer to put in my bathroom. yes..sounds totally bizarre. but embarrassingly I lose a lot of time on the pot at night >_<.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

High five all :)

My recent high five moment is that instead of coming home (after picking up my daughter from school) and going to bed for some catch up sleep before night shift, I got out my sewing and finished making the three pairs of pants I have to make for a performance the kids are doing. I made a few mistakes because I was tired and was just trying to get them over and done with, but the mistakes aren’t big ones so apart from annoying me (cos I know they’re there) they are fine and don’t need to be fixed. Now onto the next batch of costumes….

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

No high five moment hear per se just wanted to say that reading all of your posts has inspired to get my self in gear and get moving on my day! I am have to do some housework and work “work” before leaving around noon for my doctor’s appointment .I have a followup for the Vyvanse (hopefully he’ll give a prescription for a year after all this trial and error) and realized yesterday that even 2 cups of coffee is making me skittish, so this morning just drinking OJ and sitting here in my Pj’s on the computer. Anyway didn’t much feel like anything since I haven’t had my caffein jolt before the meds kick in but reading your post has got me signing off ( I promise!) after reading all this!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I am also inspired by Krazykat and sugargremlin. Way to go Nellie! I guess part of my problem is, that after taking a senior to their appts and after visiting Doc ( this afternoon) I know I will not feel like doing anything else. Before I lost my job last September, I was like a whirling dervish. I was constantly moving and accomplishing things….I had worked since i was 11yrs old and this has been a significant blow to me.

You may be familiar with he expression, “If you want something done give it to a busy person.” That was me then….not now. :[

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

@lakelly: So sorry about your job loss! Hang in there, and keep looking for new things to do!

I’m on the last load of laundry from the unpacking! And this morning I updated my “list of handy phone numbers” – not very handy to have the kids’ preschool listed when the youngest one is about to start third grade! And last night we hung a dry-erase weekly calendar right over the kitchen table – here’s hoping seeing it every day will help us keep it up-to-date!

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Finished ALL the unpacking! Suitcases are put away!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Hi fives all!

My high 5 today comes from only asking for my husband’s help once today.

And taking the offer of help to organise my uni filing from a friend.

Not being too demanding of lovely husband and being able to accept help from trusted friend when it’s offered – got to be a good day!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

lakelly, in ADD/ADHD, we often have a problem with external vs internal motivation. I can’t seem to create any internal motivation by myself. If there are outside stimulus such as work, school, plans, etc, I am busy and on it. however, in low stimulus, I can’t get anything done to the point of running out of food or sitting around in PJs all day. very frustrating and I have to make efforts to plan stuff in advance.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Awww geez Quizz – did you have to remind me I still have that darned suitcase sitting in the middle of the room :-) !

Lakelly – I know what you mean with the motivation thing,or at least think I have a similar experience. If I leave the house for something and then try and come back to work on work stuff I have to really force myself. I recently decided to always schedule my work in the morning before any outside appointments or personal stuff I have to do at home. It’s like shifting gears is still really hard even with meds.

Anyhow, don’t want to derail the thread so to the point – my high five today was actually getting off the internet when I said I would this morning and then doing what I had set out to do before noon. DIdn’t make as much progress on my work related project as i hoped which, when that happens, it tends to overshadow the positives in my mood. But will try not to let that bother me and try to look on the bright side ( oh no – just got the Monty Python song Always look on the bright side of life stuck in my head!).

I also quit caffeine cold turkey today ( another high five) but the damn withdrawal headache doesn’t seem worth it !

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 316 total)