Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

This is the thread that never ends….

This is the thread that never ends….2011-07-22T16:32:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other This is the thread that never ends….

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author

quizzical
    Participant

Oh, and on that note I figure this is as good a place as any to say I FINALLY SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT and it is on Monday morning! Go, me!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope it goes well quizzical! May be helpful to bring some online screening tests. as white coat brain death is common. =)

i wonder if you could get sick from kissing a toad?? I’m sure wikipedia knows the answer. the problem I foresee is that the toad habitat is pretty unclean. ie. pond water. however, unless it is an area where you can find human fecal matter. but there is animal fecal matter.. you.. know.. i think it would be ok once, but still probably not a good long term idea lol.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Carrie, Cadbury was a private company, bought by Schweps, now owned by Kraft. Hershey’s used to (not sure if they still do) distribute in the US and maybe Canada. The pure stuff from the UK is best. Salivating, just thinking about it.

@sugargremlin, Wikipedia is my surrogate brain. there’s a funny web comic, xkcd.com that talks about it alot. Like he’s reading my mind.

@quizzical good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Diito on the chocolate. We get the British version in the local grocery store. But guess what, ADD me who’s been shopping in the same store for 20 years never noticed ’till last year when my British friend mentioned the Brit section. Now I know why but felt pretty dumb when she mentioned it cuz it’s in plain sight.

And I noticed everyone has a cool icon but not me. Hmmmm…..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My wife is English, and stop& shop is a life saver. Their owner is Irish, so they have an Irish section that includes some British products like salad cream, Branston Pickle, jammy dodgers, etc. They also have alien, not of this world, hell spawn products like marmite. Yeach.

@Nellie, two ways to go on the whoa Nellie: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KRex_cALr1A/TWK6aEcIUDI/AAAAAAAAAN8/HFcMLYOlZxg/s1600/whoa+nellie+horse+pic.jpg

or http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/69/6990fd8529b61b9604457a112030db17/whoa_nellie_keith_jackson_mystified_by_longevity_of_trademark_call.jpg

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Where do y’all live that you’re getting such awesome chocolate??? It’s Canada, isn’t it? Damn.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

LOL Pete thanks, I like the Whoa Nellie idea ! I hadn’t heard of Keith Jackson before but will have to go with the horse, just a tad prettier:-)

So here’s my version, a horse running on the beach – where I’d love to be!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Quizzical – Woooo! Go you! Just dont forget about the appoinment and try not to be late ๐Ÿ˜‰ I always arrive late to appoinments… But not by accident. I just hate sitting there waiting and waiting. So if im late I get in right away! hahaha

Sugar – Toads do carry poision in their “warts” behind their eyes. Its white and goopy. So besides all the habitat they live in (once found one in the bottom of an out house!) the poision may make me very ill… But who cares?? Ill take my chances! Then I can say IVE KISSED A TOAD! MWA HA HA H AHAAAAAAAAAA They are just so cute! I could kiss them, and squish them, and snuggle and huggle them! hahaha

Pete – Hershey is here in Canada too. I still prefer Cadbury! mmmm Oh! I always think about the “WHOA NELLIE” too! hahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quizzical – You go girl!!!! And good luck!! I have to wait until September for my appointment :( Plenty of time to talk myself in circles trying to decide if I really want to go or not :( I have actually copied some of the online tests to take with me. I found loads, but selected these two to print out and take with me. The first one was designed in conjunction with the WHO, and is pretty basic (and is based on the DSM criteria), and the second has many more symptoms to select so seems to be pretty thorough. I actually gave my hubby the second one and asked him to tick the items that he thought I did often or very often. He ticked well over the twenty needed for an indication of ADHD. He actually selected symptoms that I had not, though once he explained himself, then I realised that he was pretty accurate (for example, he says I don’t sit still much because I rarely sit through a DVD or TV show without getting up often to do things, and I can’t talk without moving my hands, or pacing – but I hadn’t even realised it until he pointed it out). I thought that having the opinion of another person in my life would hold more weight than if I just stated my own opinions. And it would confirm that my symptoms are noticed by, and affect, other people.

http://www.addcoach4u.com/adultaddtest.html

http://www.fmsnutrition.com/adhd_self_testing_or_test.htm

My main worry now is that my dad has just been diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve disease. It is a congenital defect where that valve forms in two parts rather than three, and is hereditary, so my son and I could well have it too. Just one more barrier to possible stimulant treatment :( I had a heart murmur when I was pregnant, so maybe this was the cause, though apparently murmurs are common in pregnancy anyway. I now need to bring it up with my son’s paediatrician too. Just in case. Though research suggests that those in good health shouldn’t be barred from stimulant therapy just because of a bicuspid aortic valve, as the small increase in BP and pulse from stimulants shouldn’t have any more cardiac repercussions than an increase caused by drinking coffee, smoking, or exercise. I think my goal between now and my appointment is to improve my fitness, as it has gone downhill since my knees gave up on me.

Geoduck – I’m in Australia. Cadbury has yummy chocolate here, as does Nestles. But my favourite is Lindt chocolate. Yummmm!!!! But expensive :? Am not too keen on the Hershey’s stuff.

Carrie – my dad has always been a great one for ringing early in the morning. And, without fail, he would interrupt my ONLY sleep-in opportunity in months ๐Ÿ‘ฟ I think I have finally got through to him that my kids are now teens who like their sleep-ins, and can look after themselves if they happen to wake earlier than us, so we do not need to be up at the crack of dawn any more, and we enjoy the opportunity to sleep-in when we can. The last few time he has phoned, he has interrupted me getting ready for work ๐Ÿ™„

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chocolate?? Mmmmmmmm!!! I love chocolate. I used to eat 2-3 bars of it a day (I was 5′ 8″ and 125 lbs soaking wet) but finally convinced myself that eating that much everyday probably wasn’t a ‘good’ thing (more like excellent!!!). However, my conscience won out and I’ve cut down to about 1 bar a week.

Lucky me would get ‘presents’ from my hubby as he travelled around on business. Chocolate from Hersey, PA, more chocolate from San Francisco (gee, I don’t even remember who the big manufacturer is there….bah!! Can still taste it, though- he bought all kinds of unusual types of it there), and of course all the chocolate he’s brought back from Germany, Switzerland and Belgium. Mmmmm, mmmm good!

Lindt chocolate is pricey but can be bought at their factory outlets for a much better price. And yes, I’m kicking myself since I forgot to stop and pick some up the other day when I was at the mall. Thought I would pick it up when I was FI|NISHED shopping (so as not to eat it all before getting home) and then left!!!! without purchasing it. Must have been fate. I suppose it is all good since my pants are just a tad tight.

Sigh. ๐Ÿ˜†

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Im more of a chip kinda girl. I prefer salty. Once in a while I crave chocolate but then I need to eat something salty to get that sweet taste out of my mouth!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love both! I fluctuate between wanting salty and wanting sweet. Night shift seems to bring out my salty preferences, though I do have a small stash of chocolate in my work bag, because every now and then I really crave it at work. At home I go for the cookies or chocolate when I sit down for a cup of tea after dinner.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Walkers Cheese & Onion chips (crisps) are the best. Find a British shop and try them. You’ll love them and curse me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having Deep River Sweet Maui Onion chips with lunch–wow–I think they over flavored this batch. It’s almost inedible. Almost.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Ship some over to Canada! hahaha Sounds yummy!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)