Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

This is the thread that never ends….

This is the thread that never ends….2011-07-22T16:32:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other This is the thread that never ends….

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Yes it goes on and on my friend! The other day on the way into town (40min drive) my kids sang that the whole waaaaaaaay! I joined them by bobbing my head and my husband slept!

But the point to the thread is NOTHING! I know I like to talk and talk and get side tracked over here and there, often hijacking others posts, so HERE IS A PLACE TO HIJACK! Who knows where it will end up! I want to start by saying LOOK AT MY NEW PROFILE PIC! I just made it!! I LOVE IT!! As a kid I would always draw a toad with a tophat… I decided to make one! I LOVE toads! I also made the right eye bigger than the left I always do that too. I call it my self portrait! 8) The toads right. which is our left hahaha

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

Great picture! Toads are cool. So are frogs and snakes and lizards, especially the blue tailed skinks we have in our area. I like furry things too. I have a cat. My daughter has two cats that she will take with her when she moves out (she is almost 25). That is something I have mixed feelings about, empty nest syndrome and all that. On the other hand I have always wanted to try living alone. The only time I have ever lived alone was one summer while I was in college. My parents moved my first year in college and didn’t tell me about it until they called me to come and get my stuff. So I ended up living in the off campus house I was in during the school year for the summer.

For some reason as I glanced up again at the toad picture it reminded me of an old cartoon of a man who found a singing toad with a top hat on. The toad would only sing and dance in front of the man and every time he tried to get the toad to sing in front of anyone else it would just sit there and croak. Did you ever see that cartoon?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gaaaal. Send me a kiss by wire…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAjhtPZGDY&feature=related

Love the old WB toons.

PS, he’s Michigan J. Frog.

PPS, I love that never ending song. Drives my wife nuts.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

LOL!!! I sang that song to my girls when they were babies and it drove my hubby absolutely bananas!!! LOVE IT!!! I used to watch that show with my little sister, while babysitting her. Lambchop is awesome!

So is Michigan J. Frog.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just though of two quotes that seem to apply to this forum:

The Breakfast Club: (Emilio Esteves) “We’re all pretty bizarre, some of us are better at hiding it, that’s all.”

Air America: (Robert Downey Jr.) “I’m used to being the weirdest guy in the room, and now I’m not even in the running.”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the first night I work, after days off, I am up for 26 hours straight, before sleeping. Then after my last night shift, I will sleep at least 15 hours out of 24. No wonder they say night shift shortens your life span!

My ADHD son met his first “non-believer” yesterday (aaarrgghhh!….it just took me five attempts to write that word!!) – she told him that proper discipline was all that ADHD kids needed, and that medication was just a bandaid measure, and was horrified when she thought he was on medication (he was really clever in that he admitted he HAD been on Ritalin, but wasn’t any more (but didn’t say that it was because he is now on Concerta!!)) She is the mother of a new friend of his, and is really weird, to say the least! I have several come-back comments prepared in case she brings the topic of ADHD up with me – betcha I don’t remember any of them when the time comes 🙄

Chocolate made in England tastes very different to chocolate made here. We had some English “Roses” last night. I prefer Aussie ones.

Audiobooks are a great way to get to sleep. Not so great when you have to find the spot you last remember listening to when you come back to the audiobook the next day :?

I think it’s time for bed….

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Yes, I love the WB cartoons too and it always reminds me of that singing frog! A true classic! The Animaniacs are my favorite WB toon.

Pete – those are awesome quotes! I was thinking to myself on the way to work the other day and how I am “different” and pride myself on it. But at times you feel like your on the outside looking in! But like your second quote there! hahaha I always wished I could remember great quotes like that… I only remember useless ones from silly internet videos I see on youtube.

Krazy – I HATE night shifts! Bleh! I dont know how im going to survive them now with this new full position. 2 days then 2 nights, 4 off and repeat! Im always afraid of running into the non-believers! SHUN THE NON BELIEVERS (see useless youtube quote). I think thats why im most afraid to admit that my husband has it, and im praying my kids dont. They are too young to tell yet anyways… but all four of us with ADD? $400 a month on meds! OUCH!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

the censor in a twelve wheel drive semi stopping in for donuts & pinching the waitress/ he likes his women raw & with syrup/ he has his mind set on becoming a famous soldier

the lawyer leading a pig on a leash stopping in for tea & eating the censor’s donut by mistake/ he likes to lie about his age & takes his paranoia seriously

the senator dressed like an austrian sheep. stopping in for coffee & insulting the lawyer/ he is on a prune diet & secretly wishes he was bing crosby but would settle for being a close relative of edgar bergen

the chief of police holding a bazooka with his name engraved on it. coming in drunk & putting the barrel into the face of the lawyers pig. once a wife beater. he became a professional boxer & received a club foot/ he would literally like to become an executioner. what he doesn’t know is that the lawyers pig has made friends with the senator

the good samaritan coming in with the words “round & round we go” tattooed on his cheek/ he tells the senator to stop insulting the lawyer/ he would like to be an entertainer & brags that he is one of the best strangers around, the pig jumps on him and…….

…….thanks Mr R.A. Zimmerman for the thoughtful words……..

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carrie, I never intended to do nights, but when my son started kindy I began having trouble fitting my day shifts around his half day kindy sessions. I had a friend who would help out, but an opening on nights became available and it seemed like a great solution to how I would work my job around the kids’ schooling and extracurricular activities. I have never looked back. Now I couldn’t work day shift if I wanted to – my knees are falling apart from arthritis, and my back is too, so nights give me the opportunity to stay in nursing but not put such high demands on my body. I am lucky I work in the area I do, or I would have had to resign. It’s not that I couldn’t do the work safely, but that I would be in pain afterwards and need time off to recover. And by looking after my knees, I am delaying the inevitable knee replacements – I am considered too young for them now, and need to try and put them off for another ten years if I can.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

it goes on and on my friend… people just started commenting and didn’t know what it was about.. but it went on and on my friend…..to the thread that never endssssssss

lol carrie

I just worked a 13.5 hour day and am too tired to make and/or even digest food. part of it was just really frustrating crap..the other part was my continual inability to time manage and not space out. so frustrated….*sigh* I am just trying to focus on that I helped people today and that is really special.

got to interact with a really cute guy at work.. probably inappropriate to ask him out when he is staffing a client with me whom needs urgent intervention. lol. the first time I really talked to him, I went on a monologue about how excited I was to use the bathroom (busy day..no pee).. this time I was completely discombobulated by a system computer outage. I’m sure I stared blankly and talked to myself at one point..yes…or that weird face I make when I am thinking really intensely because thinking intensely is hard lol. He sent me an email thanking me for my kindness to his client.

i hated night shift. 2 months of non-stop insomnia.. shook up my neurochemicals like a snowglobe. somehow, also destroyed my GI tract. I was vomiting food from nausea on a daily basis. the quiet and lack of administrators was nice..but… >_<.

hmm

yay toads…

ahhh random thought purge.. thanks carrie!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@krazykat: mmmm dairymilk. So much better in the uk.

The “you just need some discipline” is arrogantly ignorant. If her son has trouble solving problems or being creative, tell her he just needs a little ADD. Reminds me of something my wife said. She how do you do I do something (I forget what). I said, you just… She said, “that’s like Superman saying, you just grab both ends of the steel bar and bend–it’s easy.”

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

@Krazykat, have you tried taking Glycosamine for your knees? I take it for my knees and it really helps. I had gotten really heavy years ago and it destroyed my knees but they said I was too heavy to have the surgery so I started the glycosamine and after a couple of months the pain and the heat left my knees! Its great when I remember to take them on a regular basis. I think there is more wrong with my knees then just arthritis. I was born with the kind of knees that tend to have problems.

antidisestablishmentarianism

Did you know that the word for the fear of long words is really long? Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliop​hobia. Personally I think its a cruel joke. Like the word for lisp is a word that someone with a lisp would have trouble saying.

Supercalafragilesticexpalidous

Pete-puma, what is different about the milk in the UK? I would really like to go to the UK. I know I have relatives there but I couldn’t tell you who they are.

OK end of randomness. Just had to get it out of my system before my day gets crazy.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@memzak DairyMilk is a brand of reaaaaaaally good chocolate. In the US it’s not as good b/c it’s made by Hershey.

The quote memorizing is something I am trying to figure out. If the quote is particularly emotional, I can remember it verbatim. I can quote the “you can’t handle the truth” speech on command. I can’t, however, remember if the doctor said to take the medicine before or after a meal. Or was it Spruce to Thomkins or Thomas onto Spruce.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Krazy – Hey im a nurse too!! I like the nights because I dont have to see anybody, and they are nice and quiet! But I am a very cranky bear without my sleep. Just like this morning. Dad calls at 5am… Then hes at my door at 6am when I finally get back to sleep. Then mom calls at 9am which I thought it was only 7am so I snapped. Then she told me it was 9 not 7 so I said I was sorry. TONIGHT ALL PHONES WILL BE TURNED OFF!!!!

Sugar – hahaha You crack me up. Your profile pic is so suiting. I was trying to catch a chipmunk the other day. Gosh are they cute! I cornered one when I was young and caught it, but it slipped through my fingers. Man I could of been bitten! Not smart! hahaha My dad would always take us (bro, sis and I) out fishing and I would wander off to find frogs and toads. I always had a dream about this warm water where tons of toads were…. One day my dad took me to a real hotspring where tons of frogs and toads were! You couldnt even walk or you would step on one! That was a real dream come true! I LOVE TOADS! Bring back great childhood memories and feelings. I want to kiss them they are so cute… But I dont want to get sick! I should JUST DO IT! I wont die… May not get sick… then I could say Ive kissed a toad!

Pete – I know the dairy milk! I havent had them from the UK, but I like them here. I thought it was Cadbury though… I LOVE Cadbury! mmm mmm mmmmmmm MINI eggs!! YUM!

Memzek – I totally agree with those! I knew the fear of long words was that! I thought it was funny, but I am cruel. hahahahaha

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Carrie, your icon is ADORABLE; I love toads and frogs, and I offer as proof the fact that I have a Michigan J. Frog jewelry box that dances and plays “Hello My Baby” when you pull open the drawer!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)