Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Scattybird
    Participant

Wow – Tiddler is right – lots of positive shiny stuff here.

Well done powcat!! :)

Good to see you back quizzical – maybe they should hold the olympics more often if they drive you to do other clearing out-type stuff.

Misswho23 – wow – you do a lot! I wish I had your energy. I am impressed at your dog clipping skills! I usually clip mine each summer (not this year, too cold here!) but I never quite get it right and he has ‘go faster stripes’ for a few weeks until the mistakes grow out. He doesn’t know that though and loves it!

I’d like to add to the list but not sure I can! Maybe soon! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

LOL! @ “go faster stripes” good one Scattylady :-P Dogs are great like that huh? so easy to make happy.

GGreaaT! gang. good Jobz

Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! Slap!! SLAP!!! Splat! whoops… ooph… sarrie… missed… Here’s a tissue for yer nose.

Go speed racer, go speed racer go speed racer GO”ooooooo

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Quizzical,

Related to the reading, I had a major insight about the way I shift focus – mainly, I need to give myself a generous amount of time to switch gears. It might take some time to settle into the chair, and I might have to re-read the first couple of pages of a book, but after that – if I don’t beat myself up for my lack of concentration – eventually the focus tunes in and I can read effectively.

Thanks for you post on transitioning with focus. That’s a major problem for me with any writing stuff especially. I’m going to try what you’ve said. Giving yourself time to go over and re-read, settle in and not beat myself up. I always have the little voice in my head that sounds off when I can’t snap into focus right away. Bug part of why I have a hard time getting started with things. That little voice “scares me and is really, really annoying”. Insert voice of Howie Mandels character Bobby there. For those of you who know that one.

Who in addition to OCD also has ADHD. Here is a link to an interview I just came across.

http://add.about.com/od/famouspeoplewithadhd/a/Howie-Mandel.htm

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

That’s so funny Misswho23. After our recent top to bottom de-clutter, I now have a large bin of heavier tapes of various kinds in the garage, and a box with Scotch and packing tapes in my office. Plus a few rolls of scotch tape in the writing bureau.

We won’t be being tape in the foreseeable future either.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

I found so many multiples of things when I cleaned the house. It was also an area that was hurting financing and time. Because I would keep buying more of things I didn’t know I had and then could never find what needed to get started on my numerous projects only to feel defeated again.

Funny how clutter and a lack of perception about it can spread into so many areas. And since I think of shopping and sales as a sport. Well one can see where it could go. I started call my house overstock.com

Here is just a fun small list of multiple I found. Or as I call it “if one if good five is better” Now I have to use it up before I can get more. No matter how good the sale is.

1. We know about the tape now.

2. Soap. Lots of bars of neat smelling soap with cool packaging. Have not bought soap in a year now.

3. About 50 or so bras. I’ll be supported well into my 60’s

4. Eye shadow

5. Notebooks and Journals with only the first 10% written in or used. About 10 of em. I have a thing with paper.

6. Pens, pens. pens, pencils and markers.

7. Safety pins. About 3 to 5 bags I’ve been looking for.

8. Several screwdrivers all the same size.

9. Hair products.

10. Empty wine bottles that I plan to do something cool with. A tuck bed full the boyfriend removed. He said I could keep one bin to work with to see if my ideas would work. And no I did not drink them all by myself.

11. Wine corks – Did make cork boards out of those.

12. Storage bins and various baskets – after being emptied of the wine bottles.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

I got a bit of a change today and go back and read some of the past posts to this thread. Wow using lingo. This is the first time in my life I have ever joined a site like this and participated in any kind of forum.

I read robbo’s post about keeping this thread alive. I wholeheartedly second that. We need a place to really celebrate the big and the small. And some triumphs that only and ADDer would truly appreciate and get the importance of. Like wow I found my car keys every day for a whole week! And not be met by a wondering facial expression of why is that such a big deal. Glad you finally became and adult (sarcasm) remark.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

So here’s one of my high-five’s. Where I live there is a print shop that once a year does steamroller printing. Let me explain for any who do not do print making. You carve out the design ona large piece of particle board ink it up (the positive or raised areas get the ink) place the paper on top and drive over it with the steamroller so it’s act like a big press in a way. So you can do big boards and large formats.

For the last two years I have wanted to do this but always go too distracted couldn’t make up mind on a design and would miss out. This year I decided I will do it! Still got sidetracked and did the board the night before but I followed through. Simplified my design so I could do it in the time I had, rescheduled some other tasks and made sure some were complete so I could get the time in.

So my design of calla lilies ( designed from a logo I did years ago) turned out really great and people liked the simplicity of them. I got to drive an actual steamroller. Something I’ve never done and I can cross that off my bucket list! Got to hang out with other artists for the day and get covered in ink and be messy. And saw some other really cool stuff.

There was one board with a big trout, a Storm Trooper, astronaut, dragon to name a few. All of these were at least 4 feet by 6 feet. So the large scale is really fun. Can’t wait till next year and I already have listed about 2 doz. designs I would like to do. Uh oh. But on the bright side I have a year to narrow it down. Learning to plan ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8ryL3i6r8 (Trying to figure out to place a video link)

This is not where I did it but a fun video that shows how it’s done. I do have day of the dead on my design list. More ideas….love a parade!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Wow MissWho! Thats really interesting and awesome! Congrats!

My high five for today is, well, a shared one. My grandma came over today and helped me with laundry. Half of it is done! Yay! I have no where to put it all though :( Dressers are still in old town 5 hours away.

Im really struggling with fatigue after 12:00pm. In the morning I go go go go go, after lunch Im so tired I could just sleep forever. Then after dinner I get really antsy and feel like I NEED to do something but am waaaaaaaaaaaay to tired to do anything and just get depressed. Bleh.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Carrie – Great job on clean clothes! That always feels better. Clean clothes smell nice. :-) And you got to spend time with your grandma. High five for multi tasking. Who said we’re not good at that. LOL :-)

Yep that energy dip is never fun. Just had a good meeting with my client who is now thrilled with the illustrated book I’m working on. I felt she was going to doubt me and my abilities at this latest meeting. I was up until 3am! Got what I could together and made it look good even if the rest is not so great right now. And focused her on the good parts. Wow am I actually learning stuff? I also used my tips on looking professional and tidied up house since I work at home. Then I didn’t have to worry if she thought my house was as messy as me getting this project completed. And remembered to eat something first.

I read a suggestion somewhere on here about breaking things into joblets. I used it and got through and back to a point where I”m excited to work on it (the book) again. Since this is what is paying my mortgage right now.

I’m going to a CHADD meeting again tonight. I think I will bring the ongoing struggle us ADDers have with undulating (that’s how I would describe it) energy levels. Part of my problem with this book I’m doing.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

So the other thing my client said to me when talking about the job was sorry if I’m scattered I’m a little ADD. This was after she was an hour late and was trying to find my house to which she has been to before. Ah ADDers walk among us. It’s not just me. LOL Ok now I’m gonna be late.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I love how huge this thread is! Way to go positivity!

Here’s my news –

I passed my module 1 with merit and one of the things I was supposed to do I don’t have to bother because the first 2 were ‘outstanding’.

Gerrin!

Module 3 finished bar the bibliography and module 1 partly done. I am going to get this course finished – and well too!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Gerrin indeed!! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Tiddler,

Congrats on job well done!!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

My entry for the ADHD video contest is one of the top 5 finalists (the first one listed)! Be sure to go vote! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

The beginning was cut out, so you don’t get to see me, but you can hear my voice. ;)

http://www.adhdawarenessweek.org/vote-for-your-favorite/

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Wow!, cool. Now I just gotta find them. Good job Amy.

**SLAP**

Hey! I found em. That’s great Amy. I like the little ditty at the end that you sing. Cool.

Here’s a link you guys to it.

http://www.adhdawarenessweek.org/vote-for-your-favorite/

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 316 total)