Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 316 total)
  • Author

kc5jck
    Participant

Am I the first to discover that you can get all the contest videos to play at once? Try clicking on them one after another and enjoy the true ADHD experience. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

LOL, only an ADDer would come up with a fun idea like that. That’s why we’re the inventors. And we discover things like the telephone etc.

There is no box.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seriously heavy rain and a flooded basement. All the sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers in the linen cupboard are sopping wet. Thats the bad news.

The good news is that I managed to initiate the cleaning up / drying out exercise with my partner and stayed calm and was quite a lot of help. Inside I was screaming to get away and speed up the task, but outwardly I managed. phew.

Cant face the call to the insurance company though. I may need to build up to that. How do I tell partner that I would prefer if she does it. In fact I know I wont do it, but she has an expectation that I will.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

With hindsight being 20/20 and as someone who has dealt with not dealing with insurance claims because of the paperwork, I would strongly urge you to at least talk to your partner about doing all the phoning etc. At least if she knows you can’t do it perhaps it will get done. You can offer whatever help you can and act interested or whatever it takes and perhaps that way avoid making her resentful.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

I had a job interview to day and am top of the list. I will find out for sure tomorrow. It’s part time so I will have to still do freelance and keep up on my jewelry business to get the bills paid. But it’s a step in the right direction.

It was funny the office assistant who is also the owners daughter said sorry my dad’s a bit ADD as he was running around answering emails and checking on stuff and interviewing me about the job at the same time. I said no problem I totally understand. (Little do they know how well.)

I bet any other interviewee either would have thought it was rude or wondered how the place ran. I thought I think I would fit in here. So hope it goes well.

My clothing was on right this time and I was organized with samples of my work since I knew where it was due to some organizing. Hey some of my hard work on my ADD has paid off. I was even early to the interview!

Just had to share.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Amy – how could I have missed your post about your video – well done!! :)

Jules – sorry to hear about your flood – not what you need! :(

Misswho – fingers crossed! :)

Wow – look at this for focus!!! ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Love the videos. well done everyone who posted one.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Jules!! A big congrats! You are better than I! I have tried so many times to just keep quiet and help my husband. I am getting better! I too am to make a phone call that I havent worked up to yet. I put it off yesterday and now it has to wait until Monday. My husband is angry that I didnt make the call yet. Well why doesnt he make it then! I COMPLETLEY understand you on that one!

Well, new renters have moved in last night. I am TERRIFIED going back to see them this morning. My husband gave me a little pep talk to help me stay strong. Hes back home working so Im alone. I am getting better at standing up for myself and whats right for me. Normally I just cower and say “ok” and then im screwed in the end. My escape if they ask me something I may give into is “I will write it down and discuss it with my husband” and then hope not to lose that paper. I lost the signed contract with my last renters. In court I don’t think saying “I have ADD” would help me. Plus I wouldn’t even mention it. Wish me luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Good luck!

We struggle with this sort of thing too – me ADHD, him Aspie – both together ‘can’t you do it?’ ‘I’d rather you did it’, ‘if you do it I’ll…(insert bargaining chip here)’ ‘Still can’t face it. What about you do it and I’ll (insert even bigger bargaining chip here)’…

Late, no sense, must sleep, too much work, random rubbish spout I am…

Where’s Peter been hiding. No hippos anywhere…

Not been drinking by the way…

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Fantastic stuff! So used to derision and scorn, so nice to read about encouragement and victories! :D

Last week was the most productive week that I’ve ever had! Doctors appointments, on time on the right days, and a CT scan! Add to that dishes done every day, as well as hoovering, and washing and hanging out two loads of clothes! Today I’ll maybe map out a ‘to-do’ list for the week ahead! Sir Edmund Hilary couldn’t have felt prouder than I do at the moment :)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Oh.

I did take my meds at lunchtime instead of first thing though. Maybe I’m being alerired or tirert (alert tired tired alert)

What happens when you work from 8am till 10.30 pm and try to get some sleep because you have to do the same tomorrow?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Misswho – sending good luck vibes your way! Props to you for being early!

I love coming to this board and reading all these accomplishments…

my accomplishment is kind of a celebration of my procrastination actually paying off for once. I had to replace a pipe on the toilet and when I did this, I placed four towels under the back of the toilet in case it leaked. The dry towels have been laying there for nearly a month now, and when I went into the bathroom this morning the top two were wet!! Ironically, instead of being upset that my repair didn’t hold, I thought ‘YES!! I knew I left those towels there for a reason!!’ Nothing like a little reinforcement for a bad behavior 8)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Grats to those with accomplishments.

I love the bargaining to see who doesn’t have to do it. I so get that!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I love all the achievements! XD

My renters were good. I handled them a little too well. Instead of filling out the Condition Inspection Report, we talked and talked and talked through out each room… Half way through the house I said “Aw crap! I forgot to fill this out as we were going along!” And said my husband would this up coming weekend. hahahaha Today I am to make that dreaded phone call! Here goes nothing! :O

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Quick, go get that little dog you’ve been talking about and tell your husband that the dog ate your homework. 8)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 316 total)