Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The High-Five Corner

The High-Five Corner2011-08-01T14:51:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved The High-Five Corner

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Welcome back Nellie! High fives all! You are all so inspiring!

I have been keeping up with my workouts and eating. Lost 2lbs at weigh in! Woo! Have another coaching session on Wednesday. I have learned like all with ADD I need that sense of pressure or “good stress” to get things done. Like my laundry, but I am very thankful that my grandma is down because she has been doing all the laundry! Yay! Ive been reading the 3 books I bought about ADD and organization… The one book was exactly what I needed right now. It is talking about the stage of life im in and helping me better understand what is the ADD and what is me and now will be talking to the coach about strategies to help me specifically. Should be interesting!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, thanks for your feedback. Found out yesterday that i did not get the job I had most wanted since my many applications. Instead of beating myself up, which I did do a little of, and I still want to call them and ask “Why?”, I have decided to take a break from the job hunt until I find something I really think would be a good fit. I will continue to volunteer, ’cause

it gets me out, I am with appreciative human beings and I know I am being helpful/useful.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Awww sorry to hear that! Why dont you consider working as an activities director? I am a nurse in geriatric care and they just love the activities! That way you will be paid for what you love to do! You are right about them having a great sense of humor. Its like each one of them are a family member to me and I get to give them the best care I can in the end stage of their life and then hold their hand and comfort them as they pass on. Its not always an easy job, but well worth it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Carrie, good advice. I have actually thought about that very same type job. I have 2 positions that I am going to look into, not much of a “break”, huh? I think it has been less than 24hrs…what is wrong with me?

Anyway, you are doing a wonderful thing, and I know the seniors love you. I also know from having worked with cancer patients, terminally ill children etc fro 37 years that it can be tough, but I always feel that I am making a difference in their lives. Keep up the great work!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My high five moment for today was giving up a teaching commitment in order to simplify my life. I realize that I need more downtime to have a more healthy balance in my life between work, play and family.

My ADD style is to keep looking for interesting and creative things to do, and I tend to keep piling it on, never saying no until I am so stressed out and overwhelmed that someone (or my body) says no for me. So I am also trying to listen more carefully to my body throughout the day, how does it feel, do I need to take a break, when is it time to go home? Am I doing too much or is this enough?

It was a tough decision, have been dithering about it for 4 months now.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Certainly not a high five…but i think I need to shut down for awhile. Dealing with taking a response on another forum personally. Maybe a positive would be my recognizing I need to shut down for awhile. Keep truckin’ you guys.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

No_dopamine, I give you a super high five! What you have done is great and so important for your health. I understand it was not an easy decision, but you made it. Try not to keep questioning your decision and focus on the benefits…I know that i have a difficult time doing this….

Again, WAY TO GO!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, lakelly. I am still dealing with some of the guilt feelings over it, but in the past, trying to avoid the guilt or embarassment only meant I kept taking even more on.

I’m sorry you’re taking a breather from the forums, hope you’ll come back. High five for recognizing the need to back away – that IS hard.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am back…I knew i wouldn’t be gone long. I was taking a response to my response to the Dr. Barclay video personally. I knew it, so stepped away. Since there have been several other folks who shared my “opinion”? “feelings”? I was a good reminder, to try and not take things personally.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

two high fives – one for stepping away, and one for coming back!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ta’. Last couple days have been trying. Youngest son, estranged son, “prodigal son” was home for a visit. Started out ok. let’s just say, it went downhill today…not worried, actually feel more confident. I applied this afternoon to join the Peace Corps. Something I have always wanted to do. I feel very confident that now is the time. I am excited, just hope the red tape doesn’t get me down.I am already frustrated with the on-line application process. Wish me luck…I really want/need to do this.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Good luck! Applications always suck! I HATE THEM! So tedious!!

Today once again when my meds wore off I was feeling VERY VERY antsy and I cant STAND being bored!! I sat around all day today and it has been beautiful out! Almost turned to alcohol but then I thought I would go for a quick hike! So I did!! YAY!!! I feel great!! I think from now on when I do get that itchy antsy feeling I just need to suck it up and MOVE!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carrie, you are amazing.I cannot say that I have let the alcohol temptation pass me by. You are doing a great job, you are excellent. Total high fives. Currently, not so strong…kinda’ disgusted, disillusioned about many things. My country,US, the world, humanity, Feel like I need to go where maybe I can make a difference. I know I do make a difference in many ways, day by day, but I need to make a big difference, in a place where I am not constantly questioned why I am the way I am.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

High fives all!

This morning I went into work and my husband came for lunch, and after lunch we did watercolour painting (he bought me a set of watercolours and brushes to match his set). It’s a step towards creating more space in my life and not putting work at the top of the list. It was FUN! We watched a video from the library about watercolour painting, and tomorrow we are going to do some more.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

No-dopa, excellent! Sounds like hubby is in tune with you. High five to hubby, too!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 316 total)