Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What's the worst thing you have ever forgotten?

What's the worst thing you have ever forgotten?2010-11-05T18:10:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny What's the worst thing you have ever forgotten?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Curlymoe115

For my 40th Birthday I had to drive my daughter to her program and on my way home at 8:30 in the morning a teenager driving his friend to school failed to stop at a yield sign and ran into my van. Both vehicles were a complete write off. The second day I had the rental car I went to the mall. Parked in the parking garage. After going to the library I came out and headed for my van. Looked everywhere for about 10 minutes and then looked at the keys in my hand and remembered I had the rental car. For the life of me I could not remember what it looked like. So I walked up and down in the parking garage pushing the panic button until the vehicle finally started beeping at me.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

Well, Curly. It took a lot of fast talking, but when it came right down to it, there WAS no law against forgetting your car on a ferry. Since my employment has been so spotty, if they fined me $20, I’d have to borrow it from someone. I still had to pay for towing and had to pay for the impound lot. No jail time, but I am sure there is a note on my permanent record “idiot”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When my brother got engaged, his fiancee asked me to be in wedding handing out programs at the church. I was sent to the church in the same limo as the bridesmaids and the grooms made their own way there. When the wedding was over, all of the bridesmaids and grooms coupled up and jumped into their respective limos and lined up to drive away. I asked if there was room for me, and they all said check the car behind us. I got distracted talking to my great aunt when I turned around and realised I had no ride to the reception because the entire wedding party and guests had left the parking lot. I mean, my brother and new bride didn’t plan who would drive me after the wedding, only before.

No biggie. My great aunt offered to take me to the reception, and on the way we’d stop at her house to pick up the camera she forgot. It was lovely visiting with her. I hadn’t done that in years. We chatted and drove leisurely to her house and then to the reception hall. When we arrived at the hall, it was still being set up, and we looked around. It was empty save for the wait staff, so we chuckled at being the first to arrive. As we sat there waiting for the guests and wedding party to arrive, we realised we were there a long time, alone, chatting when my brother, the groom bust in and immediately started screaming at me, demanding to know why I didn’t show up across the street at the beach for the formal wedding photos including family members.

I honestly never thought about that part of the wedding. I had totally spaced out. And so did my great aunt. We sat there, stunned, and looking at each other as my brother continued to scream at me for ruining his bride’s big day and another brother came in and started yelling at me, too. Same stuff, all over again. I was so upset I developed a migraine and begged a cousin to drive me home all the way on the other side of the city. I didn’t even say goodbye to my family or the bride & groom. I just left after dinner was served and everyone was distracted.

I’m not sure this is really an ADD thing, but it’s probably the worst thing I totally spaced out about. I mean, I had been to loads of weddings before that one, so why couldn’t I remember there is always official family pictures to be taken between the ceremony and the reception? My mother thinks it’s because my brother and his ex-wife neglected to tell me anything about the pictures, including the location of where they would be taken because they assumed I would follow everyone from the church to the beach probably flapping my wings since I didn’t have a car ride. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@WealthIntelligence My husband decided we needed to get married on Aug 11th, the anniversary of our first date, because I couldn’t get it right even after four years together. As a woman, I’m somewhat ashamed.:-)

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

Stacerella That is the thing about assume. They assumed that you would be with them so they didn’t mention the pictures. They assumed you had a ride and then they assumed that you were deliberately messing up the big day. The fact that they are now divorced shows you how much they were meant to be together. Did they send someone over to the hall across the street to see where you were. Since there was no room for you in any of the official vehicles and everyone left you sitting at the church they assumed you would find a ride and rush over.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Curlymoe115 Yup, you’re right. Too many assumptions. To this day, I don’t recall hearing anyone talk about photos, where and when and that I had to be there. Same thing happened when my other ex-SIL planned a family reunion and I only heard about it the morning of and my mother freaked on me saying, “Yes, she told you. We all told you about it. She’s been planning it for 6 weeks!” I was a teenager then, so I probably tuned her out or wasn’t home for the 90% of that time. Back then, I would hang out at my friend’s house day and night, for the better part of each week.

I have five brothers. Of them, three got married. Of those three, only one is still married. The particular brother in the above story is divorced because his bride was only interested in fulfilling her fantasy of being a fairy princess meeting her prince, getting the ring, the dress and the big day, followed by two kids and dog. When she ran out out of fantasy dreams to fulfill, she mentally checked out of the dream and took up drugs. She left my brother and the kids. She moved out and on to some other guy. My brother got the kids and the house and the dog in the divorce. She’s still after him for money from time to time from what I can gather from Mum. It’s never enough for her.

I used to feel bad that I ruined their wedding photos enough that she never bothered having any prints made to give people since the family ones weren’t complete, but now I sorta chuckle to myself about it. I never discuss this with my brother. He and I long ago made peace over the wedding crap. I understand his position – he was in love, he was defending her while she was upset, it looked bad on me before he got all the facts, etc. He has long since been filled in on their mistakes at the wedding where I am concerned after my mother heard about what went down. She never liked his choice in bride. Ever. She never stood a chance with Mum. Heh.

REPORT ABUSE

walkwithfarmgirl

Just the other day I had to deliver several letters to the post office. I had left one envelope open and penciled a note on it to buy a a money order and insert it before mailing. I read the note and put the letter back in my purse so as not to inadvertently mail it with the others. At the counter I bought the money order and a next day envelope for a second letter and then panicked. I had mailed all the letters at the other end of the counter!After explaining my faux-pas, the clerk and I ransacked the mail bin for the letter to no avail.In a last ditch effort to recover from my panic, I checked my purse and noticed it there (of course I’d forgotten). As I apologized profusely to the clerk and she grumbled at me, I grabbed my purse, by the bottom, and everything dropped all over the floor. At this point I was bright red with blushing. And then she had to enter the debit machine info again because it timed out. I kid you not.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t even count how many times I frantically searched for my two year old daughter only to be told by my husband to check my arms. I had been holding her the entire time!

Another time back in college I worked part time with a friend. we shared a desk. She needed a ride home and I was going to drive her. She told me she was going to say good bye to someone and I said I’ll wait for you, then left and went home. Didn’t remember that I forgot her until 9:00 that night!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m torn between the coat I left behind in college in the 90s…

and the 80G ipod i left behind at my last college just a year ago.

i never got either one back.

Oh and my wallet. Several times. Only a couple of times have I ever gotten it back fully intact. Once, I think it was because the money was hiding … the other time was because it was in Japan.

However the numerous thumb drives, external drives, money… all came back. sometimes. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think anything beats forgetting where I am for me. Not sure if that’s really ADD related though. I do a lot of traveling around upper New England and a lot of cities and towns here are extremely similar. At times though, I momentarily forget which state I’m in! 😯

Sometimes it’s not just momentary, but can last for several minutes, or even longer if I don’t realize I think I’m somewhere I’m not for a while. A few times, it took taking what I thought was a correct turn, but then nothing looked right. I have to say that is really disconcerting. It’s kind of like a mental whiplash.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lately I have been forgetting a lot of things. I will be walking to the bus stop and sudenly remember I have forgotten my badge, keys, or bus pass and then I have to run back and try not to miss the bus.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Just had to add another one to the list –

I always forget to check my home phone messages and tell everyone to use my cell. Some people take longer to figure out that if they want to talk to me they are better off calling me on my cell. However, I do check eventually – say once a month which is far better than the rest of my family – husband and kids – who never ever listen to it and use only cell phones – heck they don’t even answer the house phone most of the time!

Anyway, recently my niece gave birth and my sister-in-law left a message on our home machine. In the meantime, we kept wondering what was happening and I figured she was just seriously overdue.I kept meaning to call and get an update and finally got my husband to call his sister but no one answered so he left a message. My sister-in-law eventually called my husband back on his cell and by this time the baby was already about a week old. Of course we looked like the “bad side of the family” again!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great topic, what was it about ❗ :?: 💡 OH – I remember…

The worst ‘things’ list # 1

I can ADD, er I mean include about 1 out of 3 of every example I read on this topic… so a big ME TOO!

I especially relate to the “I can’t remember where I am” comments. This one is particularly hallucinagenicallyness 8O. This is especially prevalent in any MALL or large shopping center. We often went to this mall that was built in a large factory that went off line. The stores were arranged around in a complete circle with a diameter of about 1/2 mile. I parked on the west side of the mall, then went in and started walking around clockwise. I figured I could remember where I came in. Well — I went in a store on my left, one on my right, etc. Then I went into a book store (an ADHD’rs distractable engine). When I came out, I literrally couldn’t remember which way clockwise was, nor which direction my exit was. It took me about another hour to get out of there — laugh, laugh, long and hard at me – cause I do now! But the effect was terrorizing. I got home a couple hours later and my DW wondered what the hell happened. I tried to explain but I don’t think it was believed… now it is.

Another MALL story :: Went to a mall to purchase my little girl’s 6th birthday party gift a few hours before her birthday party (procrastiation) :? Instead of just finding what I wanted to get her, buying it and getting my @$$ home, I shopped around to compare prices (unimportant) 🙄 Then, with only minutes to spare to get home to the start of the party, I couldn’t find my car. I paniced and ran around the entire parking garage of this huge mall, went to a pay phone called my wife and said the car was stolen (embarrasment and shame). She walked me through some questions knowing how I got spaced out in malls, and helped me find the car. She ran the party, which started without me and I missed most of my dear childs 6th birthday party… being pissed and ashamed when I got there…. bad time.

Filled up the car with gas (this is when the tanks on a standard car was 30 gallons). Went to pick up my fiance and because there was a blizzard warning we decided to stay at her house, and not go out. I left the car running because I was going to pick her up. Had a drink, made some popcorn, watched a movie, sat around, fell asleep. I woke up later and heard the car humming. OMG — burned through over 20 gallons of gas at idle… sob.

My wife and I are in a 12 step program. I tottally forgot her 30th birthday. Didn’t say a word until months later (after starting on my OH – I have ADHD journey) :(

I forgot about eighteen dozen other very important things I forgot… :|

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I had a problem with my answering machine and now I have my messages delivered to my email account. Then it is a reminder that there is a message and I can check it on the computer. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@shutterbug55: Your post made me laugh. It sounds very much like something I would do.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)