Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?

Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?2010-11-05T17:59:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Organization Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

10. I’m doing extremely well today :)

REPORT ABUSE

dreamer47

Just 7 tabs open, but I’ve only been online for 15 minutes!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hahahahaha guilty!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have 5 on my iPhone…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@eringunsinger i hate to admit it, but having that many tabs open is my normal. and then i bitch about how slow my computer is, lol. when one thing is loading, i often open another tab to look at something else because i’m impatient. of course the irony is that the thing i’m originally trying to open would probably open a lot faster were it not for all the open tabs… :/

there are just so many interesting things to read! and they all link to other interesting things to read! and hey i should really blog this, and that and that, when i get around to it…….. :/

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right now I only have 4 open…. Good for me!

But I also have photoshop, itunes and a video editing program open…all of which I’ve been using.

I don’t know how my computer doesn’t just explode.

oh and I just put down the plastic helmet I am sanding for a costume prop AFTER I put down the textbook I am supposed to be studying from to look at the computer.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

9 firefox browser instances, 12 tabs on one of those instances, a couple the others have 2 or 3. So about 25 total tabs in Firefox

6 tabs open in IE – one instance of the browser.

Uh, uh-oh – I suppose this is all related…………arrrggh!

So that’s 10 browser windows, 31+ tabs between ’em all.

(edited for darned spelling again…………… instanced instead of instances)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate when people type “OMG” but seriously, how did you know? I just joined an hour ago after watching (actually, during watching) “ADD and Loving It” on TV. Of course when I come on the computer, a note says I have eleven e-mails & one contains a photo but the photo has red-eye so I opened my photo program to remove it & one e-mail was from my dad so I had to reply & then I got a message that my friend was on Messenger & when I joined KCTS-9 to support the tv programming I gave them my “extra” e-mail address…I can’t handle e-mail any better than I used to handle paper mail, most of which is still in baskets around the house waiting for me to open it…so I opened THAT e-mail too

But that’s only 5, if you don’t count the websites someone referred to in a post that I thought I should look at later, so I opened them & shrunk them down.

My real problem is “Favourites” Who else has …wait, I’ll count…225 bookmarked favourites???

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

link

29 now.

plus 3 jobappliesforms or however you write that..

plus indesign (and tutorials in 2 tabs) which i never used, but need to know for 1 of the jobs…

Ow and some pdf buddhistic lecture about actions-reactions im trying to read because it (supposed to) make(s) me feel better..

And @ outofshell : youre so right! Damn!

@ ECinABw3 : I hate “LOL” especially when fullgrown men use it! and im not even start to count my favourites, thats ridiculous, but Im really proud that ive made submaps (only 27…)

REPORT ABUSE

billd

full grown men aren’t supposed to laugh out loud? (but anyone can post profanity on a public forum visible to the kids)

Luckily we ban such language and terminate membership on the spot…… (we have some 12 and 14 year old members)

Guess I”m confused – we’re not support to laugh but we can swear……. :-/

I hang out with guys who drive 500-700 hp cars down a quarter mile strip at times reaching 180 mph, swapping transmissions and engine parts in the field before the next run – we laugh out loud, and use LOL in the car forums, and drag racing forums. We use ROFL, ROFLMAO, ROFLMFAO, LOL, and any number of “phrases” that have now pretty much become mainstream internet/forum talk. Guess this blue-collar son of a factory worker has never seen an issue with it. Guys that can swear up a blue streak with the best of any rednecks can also laugh and have fun and joke around……..

Back on tabs and open windows ->

We often have to tell the folks at work – quit streaming radio, close 20 of your browsers, or reboot your computer, it will run much faster.

guess they don’t get that a desk can only hold so many papers on it before things start to fall off. Luckily I’m not the one on the phone, im the one telling the help desk folks what to tell the users that open 100 items and won’t reboot for a month then gripe about slow performance.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

48! lol!!! good one – now i know what to ask people as a prelim self-diagnostic tool ;)

REPORT ABUSE

link

Hey hold on now!

I didn’t say man cannot laugh!!!! I love people who laugh!

And what do you mean with that i post profanity? Is it my profile picture? I dont mind changing that for the sake of kids,

before there purity will rotten seeing my vulgarity! As if they dont see enough SHIT on the web!

You are overreacting I think, if I dont like “LOL” , I dont like it ok?

That shouldn’t harm you nor other men who use it.

23 tabs.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I’m just saying that in a professional forum, such as the one I administer, no one can post such items – words or pictures, and breaking that or certain other rules gets a user banned. Including trying to trick the “bad word filter”. There are reasons, and all behind the creation of the forum agreed they didn’t want such things.

Doesn’t matter that they can hear it in school, or from others in public – does any of that make it right? We’ve desensitizes the general public, and it starts with kids.

I guess since I don’t or can’t understand the not liking LOL ya might help me understand why……

. It was in use well before bratty 12 year olds and spoiled teens had parent-paid-for cell phones. We were using it before there was a big public internet – back about 1992, when CompuServe was king. In fact, all such “abbreviations” were in common use way before the Internet. I know, some adults seem to believe they are teen things, recent, used by kids – where do you think the kids got it? Adults like me back when……….. before texting, before POP3 email, before cell phones. Men invented it probably 20+ years ago ;-)

So maybe to help me understand – you could explain – just like I can explain why I don’t like today’s country music or profanity on public general use forums.

Personally, and no offense, profanity on public forums intended to not be “free-for-alls” like some of the drag race forums, is childish. Is it there to prove something? Or to say something that can’t otherwise be understood. That’s how I feel. It’s not professional, one can be fired for using that word in certain work places, and even though kids might hear it elsewhere, why spread it and desensitize them

or

make it harder for parents who wish their kids to not use it?

I guess them’s my thoughts on it.

Keep in mind, I’m untreated AD/HD multi, etc. with some sensitivity issues……. and since I used LOL just shortly before you posted….and I’m a 53 year old male who has used it for nearly 20 years…… :-/

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok I just registered on this site and this question caught my attention. I ONLY have 2 tab because I want to FOCUS on this page, doing the add quiz and email on the other. but as I was doing the quiz, I was downloading audiobooks and syncing them to my mp3. I love this. We are multi taskers. hahaha

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)