Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?

Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?2010-11-05T17:59:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Organization Quick: How many tabs do you have open on your browser right now?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

that’s a good one, but this time only 3, I had a problem with firefox and closed everything.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

TWENTY FIVE in Firefox right now. At least half of which are a week old:

* THREE of them are PermaTabs so I won’t lose them in a mental catastrophe.

* THREE are World Market

* FIVE or SIX of Google Images of brain MRIs (unrelated to ADD)

* Several AOL articles I haven’t gotten to yet

* ONE from my own site

* ONE on grass seed (?)

* Several office supply stores for a project box I looked for for someone ELSE.

* Zap2it

* One or two others

I almost never shut it down. I always Hibernate until my computer slows down and I have no choice but to save all tabs to restart.

Philabuster, I have so many sites (hundreds) in my Bookmarks, I’m afraid to go in there. hehe

Link, on any site you see a “copyright” symbol telling you who owns it, it means it’s private property and we must abide by house rules. You wouldn’t expect me to claim freedom of speech in your house that you pay the bills on, right? ;) But in your support , I see others “curse” only occasionally on this site and no one seems to care–and I don’t find problems with it. Being offended by “cursing” is a religious thing not every religion even cares about. Saying “shit” is no big deal if you don’t put so much inexplicable weight on words–they’re just words.

If one has a problem with normal adult speech as it pertains to their own care, then monitor your kids. Adults are the target audience for this site (a rarity for ADD sites). So adults should be able to speak freely here without people calling it unprofessional (what am I a professional of here, exactly?) I mean, there is a whole thread about zoning out during sex with ADHD. Or what about the self-medicating on marijuana thread? Shall we tell them to stop it and threaten to zero-tolerance ban them because there are children present? See what I mean? Thanks.

(Sorry for jumping on the change of subject.)

Oh, by the way, in the early 80s we used sign notes passed in class with TTFN & BFF and other such abbreviates now called “text speak”. And we got those from earlier generations–we didn’t make them up.

^— Oh, geez! See that?! This is exactly why I have so many tabs open!!!! The subjects keep changing in by brain!!!!

(Way to steer that back on topic, eh?! LOL)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

15…

This really seems lika a good indicator for ADD :P

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I have 5.

REPORT ABUSE

Gary

Hi,

The answer depends on which computer and browser. My work computer currently has IE and FF, each with 3 tabs ( remarkably few for me ).

My personal computer has 3 different browsers, each have 2-3…

Oh, did I mention the iPod?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nine, but that’s unusual. It’s often anywhere from a hundred to two hundred.

I use Firefox with Tab Mix Plus, and settings that force a lot of links to open in new tabs. It helps me to find the information I’m looking for more quickly, and I am almost always investigating many different things at once, switching from one topic to another frequently.

It does get to be a mess though, and since I also have TMP set to reopen the last session exactly as I had it every day, it can take a ridiculous amount of time to reopen those sessions when there are, say, a hundred and fifty or so tabs in them.

It got so bad I’ve also installed “Window and Tab Limiter” to force me to clean up my tabs, closing any beyond a limit I’ve set for myself.

As you might expect, it’s set for 100 max, and I often ignore it, and even disable it occasionally.

Is it just me, or is that a sign of the conflicts between ADD and Asperger Syndrome? I think it is, and it just might be the first “comical” sign of it I’ve noticed. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m typically around 100 as well most of the time & I hardly ever restart my system. I have 3 different browsers & 15 apps open too with a bunch of docs that are in progress. I’m on a suped up mac so no problems with speed. Then there’s my laptop…

For me, I like to be able to quickly get back to a site I was on without having to remember the site name for some of the pages. Other pages are there so I can monitor the site. I find that when I am on a site where I might check out a few pages, i will “open in new tab” a bunch of pages & then they will be loaded by the time I go to them. I actually do close many of the pages when I am done with them.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

13. And it’s only that low because I had to reboot the other day. I usually try to cut myself off when Firefox starts bringing up that scroll button for tabs, because it can’t fit any more on the screen at once.

I then go back and realize that I’m totally done with about half of the tabs. While writing this I was able to cut it down to five.

I guess this answers my question about if other ADDers are Internet-obsessed!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get paranoid if I have too many open, but sometimes I have as many as 10. Rarely fewer than three.

On the other hand, I have TONS of uncategorized bookmarks. :S

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only 5…But I am putting up lights in my living room too….Speaking of which I have to get back to.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just realised I had 2 more opened this evening than I thought! So, 3 in all. Not much but still… I had opened a tab for my Facebook page and one for this page. Then I got sidetracked to something else on the web, made a link to Facebook to share. It brought me to a ‘log on’ page… ok, I had troubles a few minutes earlier on my page, I think I logged out. So I logged in again. Worked on my profile awhile (a good discussion about british sci-fi shows) then… I realised my Facebook profile was opened twice!!! 2 different tabs lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

38 in firefox, 5 in chrome, 2 in IE …+ skype, gtalk …and few more apps .my friends are always teasing me coz of that , and ask why i have so many tabs. they say 1-2 are enough. ye right :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, how interesting to see the replies, and realize that my behavior is shared. Right now, I only have 7 open, but earlier today I think it was between 10 – 13. Digitaltripper–funny reply.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have eleven,and four doc’s, This site is amazing, I just steped off that learning plateau I’ve been on

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have switched to Chrome because it supports my tabaholism better than Firefox, but then even it started to get bogged down by it. I am using Instapaper to save things to “read later” even though I know I will forget to ever look at them again. Then I discovered this extension for Chrome called “toomanytabs”, which lets you suspend tabs for later, and tells you how many you have open other than those suspended. Great! I thought this would solve the problem. But this just seems to enable my tabaholism even further. I have 35 tabs open in Chrome even after suspending dozens of them. ARGH. At least the fact that it shows how many are active kind of shames me into trying to close some :/

@Wrong_Writer – Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely try out the tab suspender extension you recommended for Firefox! I was using the tree-style tabs extension in Firefox, which shows your tabs down the side of your browser instead of along the top, and lets you nest them. It is wonderful for tabaholics. There are about a zillion open in that but I just “saved all tabs” & closed it for now because Chrome is slowing everything down enough. :/

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)